Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Lost cat ~ n/m dark grey & white DANITA/BRIDLE/HAWTHORNE area of westend Peterborough

LOST IN DANITA/BRIDLE/HAWTHORNE area of west end Peterborough

male neutered short haired " RONNIE"
Dark grey/white
REWARD
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM

If you can put his litterbox and/or a worn but unwashed t shirt or pair of smelly shoes of yours out on the deck this may help lead him home

Go around the neighbourhood at dusk/dawn calling him, rattling a treat container or tap a spoon on his dish or tin of food. Bring a flashlight to pick up the shine off his eyes from under cars/decks/bushes or up trees.

If you can poster the neighbourhood, plus leave one w/ local businesses, schools, pet supply stores, grocery stores, bus stops, vets & all animal shelters in the area that will help garner attention that this kitty has a home who wants him back

Please visit the animal shelters in person often times the shelters are understaffed/over worked with so many animals/requests etc they may not have the time to personally look into each phone call or an emergency/something comes up in the meantime & the request gets overlooked.

Going in person means you can visit & identify the cat right away, if an animal comes in terrified it may act out of character & be labeled as sick or a feral and not be placed with the general population please ask to see these areas as well.

Good luck &

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM

photo of ronnie
Attached Images

Old September 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He's a gorgeous kitty, gray owl! I hope you're reunited soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM

re: Ronnie

Thanks Hazel I think I've run out of options --what else to do to find him I've put am ad in the paper/posters/been to the humane society/door to door
He got outside at night and since he is very nervous I suspect he may be hiding
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Please don't give up on your kitty. Sometimes it takes months but they often do come back. Put out a fresh shirt regularly (fresh as in freshly dirty and stinky), and keep putting up posters. Also remember to go regularly to the spca and animal shelters to check. Just because he wasn't there yesterday doesn't mean he won't be there tomorrow. Have faith.
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray owl View Post
photo of ronnie
What a sweetheart . Do you put trash out to be picked up , I was thinking if you when out on trash night your cat may looking for food to eat. We had homeless cat that did this and I was able follow him and eventually bring him to a no kill cat shelter .
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Ronnie

Thanks so much for the kind words of support I'm leaving Ronnie"s winnie chair outside on the patio tonight (one of those kids' plush chairs-he loves it) He is so nervous --I'm really worried
Old September 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Have you been looking for him during the night between midnight & 5am? That may be the only time he will make himself known. During the day, he may hear you calling, but be too afraid to answer you as their instinct is to hide and be quiet.

My parents had an indoor only cat who lived only 2 doors down that got outside and hid under their deck for 5 days. He didn't respond to his owners calls, nor could they find them (their deck was only had about a foot of clearance over the ground). My mother was in basement to watch some TV at 4 AM and saw him peak his head out to look into the basement window.

Good luck!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Ronnie

Hi Thanks I'll try I have been out looking until 12 but will try much later now He;s been gone nearly 2 wks so I'm really worried