Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old November 18th, 2006, 02:28 AM

New here

Hello all,
Seeing as this is my first post I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Kayla and I'm 17. I recenelty got my first dog, Duke 6 weeks ago. He's since been enrolled in puppy obidence classes and has joined the puppy club at the indoor dog park where his obidence lessons takes place for extra socilization. He's now 14 weeks and has mastered, sit, come, off, go potty, fetch, leave it and is working hard at conquering stay. He's also almost house broken and is being crate trained. He's a Rotti/ German Shepherd/ Collie mix and is the love of my life. In addition to his three daily walk/jogs he also comes hiking at least once a week with a friend and her dog a rescued German Shepherd/ Australlian Cattle Dog named Gypsy who fondly grooms Duke and treats him like her puppy and they happily romp and run around off lesh in the proper areas. He's currently eating Wellness and is starting to gain wieght and looks much better then he did when I brought him home. In addition to Duke I'm owned by a 2 year old Senegal Parrot named Cyrus along with my families two cats, Max and Mitten and my 4 pet snakes, rescued Bearded Dragon and Panther Chameleon. in addition we recenelty lost our 12 year old Boxer Diamond due to cancer in the lymph noids and the large tumor in her throat would be extremely difficult do to remove and because of her age the best we could do for her was to let her move on. Needless to say everyone misses her terribly and I grew up with her when we moved in with my uncle a few years back and she was an unwaivering and loyal companion.

Anyways enough talk here's a few pics of my gang

Duke

Diamond who passed away 3 weeks ago due to cancer at age 12

Cyrus, the Senegal Parrot ( he thinks he's James Bond)

And then Kaipo and I, my big 6' puppy dog

My extremely angry baby Panther Chameleon

Glad to finally find a Canadian pet board.
Cheers
Kayla

Last edited by Colubridz; November 18th, 2006 at 03:04 AM. Reason: grammer errors
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:40 AM
-

Wow ~ that's quite the mini-zoo you'e keeping there ! Welcome to pets.ca and thanks for posting all the pix of your fur, feather and scaley friendw. Sorry to hear about Diamond ~ it's tough losing a life-long friend. Duke is a very handsome lad who will no doubt keep you very, very busy ~ he has a very keen, eager glint in his eye. I suspect not much goes on in your house that he doesn't know about ! Good work getting him into classes so quickly ~ training seems to be going well for the both of you ! And keep up the good work on the weight gain.
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM

Welcome to the board! Your animals look great.
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:56 AM
-

Welcome to the forum. Duke is very cute. Sorry to hear about Diamond.
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:58 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome! You have quite the menagerie there--love your 6' puppy dog!-- very pretty. And I think Duke wants a cookie...

And so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard to lose a 'kid' no matter what skin they're in