Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old September 13th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Foxy's Canine Companions

I waited (dedicated to the dogs of Louisianna)

The following poem was dedicated to the dogs of Louisianna. It was written by Terry Kimmel Price of Rosie Animal Adoption. Please check the following link to see the picture and poem. Have your kleenex ready.

http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/katrina.htm

I WAITED

BY: Terry Price Kimmel (Rosie Animal Adoptions)

I waited with you while the news of the storm began. You patted my head and told me not to worry, let's wait and see.

I waited while you packed up what you could from the house and put away all the belongings.

You told me to wait just a while, let's watch the TV.

I waited for you to say let's go when they said we all had to leave.

I waited when they told you I couldn't go with you. I sat and watched you go.

I waited from the window while I saw you drive away, you looked back at me and said “Wait out the storm, I'll be back.”

I waited.

I was so thirsty I drank only the water that was there waiting for me, rising above me.

I waited while boats and people and helicopters went by and asked if there was anyone waiting to be saved.

I did not reply. I knew others like you were waiting longer than me.

I waited while my stomach grew thin and sore longing for food and full of toxins but hoping any moment that someone would stop ....and tell me that you were waiting for me.

I waited while I heard others like me... wailing, swimming in dark waters or tied up burning in the hot sun.

I dreamt someone would bring me to you, waiting for me.

I waited. ..While my aches grow to pain beyond recognition but I wanted you to know I was waiting for you.

I tremble and wait for death now because anything else would be too much to bear.

But I will wait for you forever.

I will wait for you in Heaven.
Old September 13th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Those poor animals having no idea whats going on,what a slow horrible death. It would have been more humane just to PTS on the spot. If anything happened like this where I live I would sneak Joey in a big duffle bag and make sure he gets out.
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:22 PM

Poor beasties. I, too, would never be able to leave them behind. Never. I wouldn't be able to survive without them either.
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

:sad: Terry's poem is so heartwrenching. I wish like heck that I lived closer.
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Rottie owner and lover

I just went to the bathroom at work full of tears, all I can picture is Harley waiting at a window sighing as I leave.....Heart breaking. I could not ever leave him. He would be way to big to hide. I would find a way.
I just contacted someone from ASPCA in LA. They will let me know if Transportation can be done, so My friends and I can foster a couple. With me moving very soon, I can only take one, but at least it is a life being saved. I am waiting to hear back
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Foxy's Canine Companions

Please post

I would like to ask all the rescues to please post this poem on their website on their memorium page. Rosie's and Foxy's have made a special page dedicated to it, I ask you all to take a look and do a similar page. For those of us who wish to go but cannot, it is our way to help.

I think this peom says it all. Have'nt been able to stop crying everytime I read it.
Old September 14th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,the Poem tells it all..poor,poor animals :sad: :sad: and a shame on the powers that be for condemning these animals to a slow and inhumane death.I too wish I was closer,they would have to shoot me to stop me from helping these cats/dogs.
How much extra time and work would it take for the soldiers to at least give the animals some food and water??

I know one thing for sure,I would NEVER leave my animals behind :sad:
To tell you the truth,this has really affected me badly,not a day goes by that I don't cry,I believe this is the worst case of animal-abuse I've ever heard of.
I know many people have suffered the same fate,but hopefully by now most people are safe..
I am furious about the non-treatment of these animals and there is not a darn thing I can do about it.
Money has been collected....a few million $$$,why are these dogs still suffering???

Last edited by chico2; September 15th, 2005 at 07:00 AM.