Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM

Have a Chihuahua :D

hey guys! new to the forums and I have a 1 1/2 year old chihuahua (girl). Her name is WaWa.

While I'm introducing myself and my dog, I want to ask a question about her behavior as well. Starting from yesterday, she has been carrying her toy almost every single time while moving around and whimpering with it. If not with her toy, she will be looking for it and whimper as well. After finding it, she would try to hide it and acts hesitated with the toy in her mouth.

1. she is not spayed
2. seems like there are no signs of medical issues
3. she keeps licking the toy
4. sleeps with the toy

All of this happend after she peed on my bed "accidently" and I sort of shouted at her. I did calm her down but her behavior has changed since then. Is this a motherly thing that female dogs go through?
Hope you guys can help

Last edited by night87; July 27th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, night87.

Did your chi last have her heat about 2 months ago? If she did, and assuming she's not pregnant, it sounds like she could be experiencing a false pregnancy. She's caring for her toy as if it's her 'baby'.

Have you considered getting WaWa spayed? Spaying not only prevents pregnancy--it also prevents false pregnancy and eliminates the chance of a pyometra developing.

We'd love to see some pics of your little one if you have some to share

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Welcome to the board, night87.

Did your chi last have her heat about 2 months ago? If she did, and assuming she's not pregnant, it sounds like she could be experiencing a false pregnancy. She's caring for her toy as if it's her 'baby'.

Have you considered getting WaWa spayed? Spaying not only prevents pregnancy--it also prevents false pregnancy and eliminates the chance of a pyometra developing.

We'd love to see some pics of your little one if you have some to share
thank u so much for the response! yes~ she did go through her heat 2 months ago. whew. i thought this was a medical issue. do you know how long this might take?
And my family and I are still considering if we want to spay her or not.