Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM

The Cutest Creature Ever Born...

Hi,
Our family is devastated for the past few days... Our love, our smartest, kindest baby got sick. His name is Bayan, he is a 12-year-old German Sheppard that is still very active and seemingly in good shape. I am sorry to introduce him on this sad note, failing to mention how full of life he has always been and how much joy he has brought to our life, today he was diagnosed with cancer.... I will start a new thread in hopes of finding some answers...
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Welcome to the board Bayan. I'm sorry to hear you are joining during such a sad time, but this is a good place to find advice and support. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Bayan when you are able to post some.
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Bayan! I hope you get some answers to your questions. And I'd love to see pics of Bayan, too.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Welcome Bayan. I hope you can find some answers to help your boy. ,

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

While the news of cancer is always difficult , it is no reason to be sad! he is only 12 and has a host of medical alternatives to choose from depending on the type of cancer - which you did not suggest. As you know, cancer is not just one disease so as an oncologist, when someone says someone as cancer, to me that tells me very little. Cancers are different and treatments are also unique.

Research the type of cancer and how dogs go through it, ask your pet oncologist what s/he recommends and always get other opinions. Talk to others and there are several boards about this, some very specific to the type of cancer.

Good luck!!!! I do hope your dog will be fine!
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Professional Cat Cuddler

Welcome!

I'm really sorry your friend is sick... hopefully you find some answers and hopefully everything turns out okay.

Old July 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM

So sorry to hear Bayan is sick.... you picked a great place for support. I hope you find some answers here.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him
Old July 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM

fellow shepherd owner

I too am new to this site.its such an awesome support network.It seems our paths are running in the same direction as i too adore my furry daughter,Tessa ,a german shepherd that is 10 yrs old and only recently diagnosed with bone marrow cancer.They are telling me its manageable,as long as she responds to the medication well (meaning her red cell percentage will decrease to a non threatening level,obviously depending on a few other variables,like her white cell count remaining intact.
i too am celebrating her life and making the absolute most of her every precious moment that she remains with us. Thus far she doing great and isnt suffering.she too is appreciating us, shes allowed inside now.
Please tell me what sort of cancer your baby has ,as the other person has replied there are so many forms with varying outcomes.
We have been so blessed ,with the presence of such beautiful shepherds.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM

Question Bill from Okeechobee Florida

I'm a CSI / Major Crimes Detective. Kids are grown. My wife of 19 years, Gail, and I have three pets (other than each other). They are our kids.

They are Maggie the 7 year old Daucshund chiwawa female... Cricket the 7 year old male beufont macal... and Smokie our 19 year old female cat............
The cat has a problem: 4:00am every morning and she is YEOWLING. Over and Over and Over and Over. She has also lost some weight in the last 2 months even though she eats soft food twice a day. ANY IDEAS
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Hello to both of you and welcome.

Bayan I am so sorry to meet you under thses circumstances you will find lots of good advise and support here. GSDS are very dear and close to my heart

bg1seven maybe you should take your cat in for a wellness test, I have a kitty that will be 23 this yr, he has lost weight and talks alot (espically late at night) nothing wrong with him he is just getting old but good to have it checked out incase its something else.
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear your beloved Bayan has fallen ill.
that he'll be ok.
Welcome to the forum, wish it was on a happier note:sad: