Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

kitten or small cat surfaced in London

Kitten surfaced in Coves area, off Old Springbank. Tricoloured. Not yet captured but feeding daily. Seems shy but hungry! Lady who is feeding it has not yet been close enough to verify if it is a kitten or just a small cat, or if it is male or female, but she's trying!

It's getting cold at night and this little one will need to be captured and brought into the warmth. I'm working on that! It just turned up within the week, so may have been lost, (or tossed ) during a move.

If you lost this kitten recently, please email me and perhaps we can reunite you!

Many thanks

Lezzpezz
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:37 PM

Her name is 'Luna'.....

Okay....coaxed the kitten, (yes it turns out she is a wee kitten after all), to the food dish and after about 45 minutes, I had her literally eating from my hand! Yeah!

I have tentatively named her 'Luna' in honour of the full moon that was present during our first meeting. Not too original, but suitable, nonetheless.

She is about 5 months old, thin, but potty, (worms, I suspect), missing alot of hair from all of the wild chewing and scratching due to a rather rampant flee infestation. Ears appear to be clean, (no mites that I can detect).

I am going to pet store for tomorrow for the basics: dewormer and flea shampoo, perhaps a mite solution, but the pet store offers second, rate quick-fix solutions, unlike the vet. My guys just finished all Revolution, so nothing to spare, besides, a flea bath may feel really good to her right about now and I don't want to "junk" her up incase she's pregnant. Not sure of guidelines for Revolution et al on pregnant kittens anyhow....never crossed that bridge with any of my pets.

Have made a nice "nest" out of a beer box , (that's where I've passed out in the past! haha), and an old wool blanky, as she is so shy and so infested, that I advised the 80 yr old lady who has been feeding her to NOT let her in the house. Want to get her more approachable, trusting and THEN will bring her in for a bath. Lady has a 17 yr old siamese, so don't want to rock the boat.

Having said all of that....it would appear that Luna has been owned by someone at one point, who either lost her or dumped her a few weeks ago. She is cute as can be, but very meek. We can change that!

Will keep you posted on her progress. by the way...it's not a good sign that I named her, now, is it.....

Leslie
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
-

Do you have an update on your, ummmm.....new addition?
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:56 PM

Little Luna...

Well, glad you asked! The weather has been lovely and fairly warm at night, so she is still lurking about in the shrubs and does come up to eat. She has used the box provided, but not much. A real outdoorsy type. Hard to get her to come up for a patting. She did let the elderly lady hold her but just for seconds.

She upgraded her box to a heavy plastic crate with tarp wrapping. Much more weatherproof. Got her a flea collar, but I have only seen her once since, as I have been coming around at all the wrong times. Also got her some flea powder that was on hand. Have yet to apply either item! Forget bathing her at this point...heck I never even see her to pat her lately, but she does dine there daily.

The weather is to change by this weekend, so it is time to capture her and get her into some sort of foster care. I think that it would not be in anyone's best interest to bring her home to my place as I have 3 big dogs that tend to intimidate new visitors as they even chase around my own cats that they have lived with for years. My cats pay no-nevermind however....as they know the dogs are just teasing .

I will contact the cat rescues that I know and see what they suggest and if they have room. I hate to bother these good and overburdened folks, but, alas, that is what they do....

Will keep you posted and thanks for asking. She seems pretty healthy, all things considered. I think the kitten chow I give her makes for a happier cat, without a doubt .
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:34 PM
-

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the rescue and keep us posted.