Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Cat survives 70-mile trip under owner's truck

Cat survives 70-mile trip under owner's truck

GILBERT, Ariz. - A cat survived a 2 1/2-hour trip on a spare tire under her owner's truck. Gil Smith recently drove from his Gilbert home 70 miles away for a business meeting in Kearny. When he got out of the truck, he heard a cat in distress and realized it was his.

Smith said the cat, Bella, was hysterical, shaky and tired, but was smart enough to know not to jump off the tire as the truck was moving.

Smith and his wife have adopted three indoor cats, three goats and three chickens. But Smith said Bella, an outdoor cat the couple adopted years ago, has a special place in his wife's heart.

Smith said he canceled his meeting with a state Department of Economic Security official who had driven 50 miles to get to Kearny so he could get Bella home.

It was either that, or, he jokes, get a divorce.

~*~*~*~*~*~

That's one lucky kitty, and a nice guy for caring more about her and getting her home than his meeting.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I once drove to a friends home with my cat in the engine of my car . We had just gotten back from vacation, thought both kitties were in the house (they were indoor only) but one must have snuck out while we were unloading the luggage. I was horrified when I stopped the car, got out and heard Charcoal meowing from my engine.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Senior Contributor

In high school, my brother picked me up from summer class with the kitten I had at the time. In the car on the way home, he got away from me and tried to run up into the engine from the hole my brother had inside on the drivers side.

OMG, to this day I still am horrified as to what might have happened to him. We almost got into an accident, because my brother was holding on to his tail or leg, and trying to stop the car. Poor little Polo, he was so scared.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/