Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 25th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Pet Meds On-Line

We just saw the vet for an ongoing problem of Dart's. He's got 'lip-fold pyoderma' which typically occurs in breeds with large jowls or lip folds. It occurs because the skin in this area constantly stays moist an eventually starts to get infected.

Anyway, Dart's had this since we adopted him and while it has cleared up somewhat it's never really gone away.

The vet suggested getting some Sulfur soap and an anti-biotic called 'Panalog'. I am wondering if there is anyway I can obtain this antibiotic ointment on-line or do I have to get it from my vet?

I don't mean to sound cheap but if I could save a little money it would be great.

Also, I forgot to ask the vet but does anyone know where I can get sulfur soap?

TIA.
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Not sure if these guys have what you're looking for, but they're awesome..
http://www.vetproductsdirect.com/
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

http://www.sulfursoap.com/

Also, try a health store such as HealthTree or such as it's a natural alternative for acne cleansing.

Panalog is both a topical ointment and a powder I believe. The link Prin gave you should have it and they are reliable.
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Panalog is a steriod cream or ointment and requires a prescription, I checked Petpharm.org which is in toronto they do not list and other online Canadian pharmacy and they won't sell to canadian customers, most have a dispensing fee of around $10 for RX plus you have to add in shipping, so for tube of ointment it is probably not going to be worth ordering online, also ask the vet for prices ion other steriod creams I believe cortoderm sells for less than panalog.
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pgroup.asp?LV=245&PG=Panalog

No script needed for Canadian orders.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver
http://www.1800petmeds.com/pgroup.asp?LV=245&PG=Panalog

No script needed for Canadian orders.

Are you sure??? Any item with an RX is a prescription med and requires approval from a vet before you can purchase. And panalog on the site has this symbol

Quote:
USPS Global Priority (Outside US) $12.99 + $1.50 per lb over 2lbs
This price is $13.99 US plus 12.99 US for shipping almost $27 US total so about $30 canadian

On June 6. 2006 I got another tube for Maya (she has lupus that affects her skin, so I need to use when it flares up) the cost was $22.70 Canadian before taxes from my vet so it is cheaper than ordering online and it is the samew size tube 15ml

Last edited by OntarioGreys; September 25th, 2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM

It depends... You really should have a prescription, just so that the vet knows what drugs your dog is on, and you know they're the right ones and the proper doses, but some online places don't need prescriptions from Canadians.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I did a dummy order on the site and they didn't ask for a script to be faxed or anything. So assume you don't have to if Canadian but hey, maybe I missed something.
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:37 AM

Thanks all I appreciate the help. It's not an issue to get a prescription from my vet and still order on-line. She's great in that she has no problems helping her clients save some $ and given that this is a problem we have spent copious amounts of $ trying to solve, I think she feels for us

I will try the links you guys provided. Really hoping to get this problem cleared up. Dart's uncomfortable and it smells pretty awful