Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG View Post
Hi Frenchy
I haven't look the map yet, but in
your community south Shore accept 3 dogs? or two?sorry , i became blunt after i discover those odd laws , here in Montreal (QC)
In depends where in South Shore , there's many municipalities ... but in the suburbs , it's usually 2 dogs limit. Rural (which is much further) also 2 dogs limit but , some places , like in Lacolle , 3 is the limit. St-Bernard de Lacolle , 5 is the limit. But these places are near the US border and there's no jobs here.

West Island is where most of the rescues are. and it's much closer to Montreal , more jobs openings there also.
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG Helen,that fine is outrageous,what are you going to do
I can't believe this is what happened to you..
Can you fight it somehow?

MTG,I am sorry to hear about your troubles,but would not 3 small dogs be equal to 2 large dogs,I don't know what the limit is where I live,but often small dogs are ok,not fair to large dogs though.
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG, Helen , Frenchy is right, animal abusers get less than that. I would certainly be going to the press with the whole story Including how they got the pics (tresspassing as far as I am concerned).

This is just crazy

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Hi Chico
very nice way to say that 3 small dogs are equal 2 big, but i have been search in all municipalitys here in quebec and they only allow 2 dogs, and hudson you cannot even take 3 to a park, now?
frenchy say that in the rural areas are much better and after i check it out, she's right1 but there is no job, so i have 3 solutions for my problem :1) rent one apt close to my dauther and take 2 of my babies and leave one with my dauther ( i do not know if i can do it , because they want sleep with me) 2) move to windsor ,ON where i can found job and it's just 9 hours drive and I am free to have my dogs and the 3 one is go back to Newfoundland, where i can have many dogs I want, foster beagle,help my community, found job, and a bunch of good dog lover friends.
I want be here, i spend all my savings for this big move in my life,but it's very hard to help animals here, you be treat like a criminal, that's not life!!! Nothing worse them you live like fugitive without commit no crime, it dosn't make no sense, I am very dicouraged!
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG View Post
:1) rent one apt close to my dauther and take 2 of my babies and leave one with my dauther
You don't have too ! You can register 2 of your dogs under your address , and the third one under your daughter's address. If , by any bad luck , the city sees you with 3 dogs , and ask you about it , you just say you have 2 and you're dog sitting the third one for your daughter
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:13 PM
BassetHound Rescue Quebec

I'm going to fight it.. and if I cannot .. well I'm not thinking that far..

http://bassethoundrescuechronicles.blogspot.com/ Blog

http://www.meetup.com/Montreal-Basset-Hound-GuardiansGroup/ Basset Owners Meet-Up Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=322077912703&ref=ts
Facebook
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
BassetHound Rescue Quebec

Maria... Yes you can only bring two dogs to the dog park in Hudson just for their own safety.. Its very hard to control 3 dogs should some dog get out of hand... There is NO number of dog law in Hudson.. Lots of people have 3 and more dogs.. with NO problem..

http://bassethoundrescuechronicles.blogspot.com/ Blog

http://www.meetup.com/Montreal-Basset-Hound-GuardiansGroup/ Basset Owners Meet-Up Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=322077912703&ref=ts
Facebook
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:58 AM

Thanks Helen
I definetly consider to live in Hudson in that case and looking for job, also i was looking the rent and is same as here $ 700 for a small house/apt
I do not know how to go there i have to waiting for weekends whe my dauther and her husbund are off , so we can go there.
I know I am not in a good conditions right now, but is there anything that I can do for you?
I have a lots things from all over South America, i can give to you for nothing, is not really important for me right now, You cause is more important, so You can have a flea market, and get , I don't know, maybe $ 500 ? so , whatever we can get i hope help, unfortunately that's so I can do right now if You need my help, please let me know, because we are here for a great cause , and I want be part of it!
take care
Maria
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:11 AM

Heheheh, thanks frenchy, but is funny you mentioned that , because this morning (06:00am) i was walking with my litlle ones, and a police car came very slow and look at me, but he did not stop, but if he did stop. I will say: I am from newfoundland , my dogs have licence from St.john's, they have tag with st.John's address, they have tag from PetFinder, they can be found in Spain if they will be lost, and they have all the files from the vet from my province, thank you very much!!! so that was a good thing, but , yet, I will take your advice. i will take my dogs with my dauther and get their licence and rabin vacine, do everthing right! and like you say, I am looking after my dauther's dog while she's fighting in afganistan!!!! have a good day!!
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Helen,I was going to mention the media as well,like L4H,but I always do that,so I did not.
As soon as something about animals is in the papers,animal-lovers respond and hopefully the municipality will see the injustice in what they have done.
The whole episode,with them trespassing
,taking pics through the patio-door is outrageous and should be known to the public.
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:52 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenNutmeg View Post
The fines are.. 7 @ $528.00 for dogs on my property.. over the limit.. May 19 & June 7
then 2 @ $264.00 Illegal use of my home
Make sure when you contest to: (1) Find out court date and room # (2) who is proscecutor/lawyer by calling 514.872.2964 fax your letter indicating why your contesting each infraction seperately to both proscecutor and Greffe de Cour Minicipale. This way no one can just misplace your contestment. The proscecutor will call you verifying it's been received.

sigh good luck

Last edited by Golden Girls; September 8th, 2010 at 09:03 AM.