Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old August 19th, 2004, 01:04 AM

I asked only one thing in my post and that was not for people to start their sad excuse for an agrument by stating that I dont love my pet. please give me something to work with.. that is NOT cutting it.. try again tiger
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:08 AM
no, I am not a chick!

once again, I ask that you search my previous post's.

You will find I am not trying to instigate anything.

If the welfare of animals is a sad excuse to you, then you have come across the wrong message board.
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:14 AM

And once again may I add.. lets not say that I do not love my pets.. lets not try to make me feel like a bad pet owner, I will not be labeled as something so cleary far fetched. I have had one of my chihuahuas for 16 years and she was never altered and is still a healthy senior dog who is very happy. and Kona if this is as you say "only you opinion" leaving your opinions on the love I have for my pets out of it. I love my animals to "Death and beyond" as you would say. And I never said that people should not do the best for their animals, what I did say was that sometimes the best thing that someone can offer is their love. That may be all they have, but it something that alot of dogs/animals never recieve. So lets agree to disagree. I believe in abortion, would like to have a stab at that?
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM

BTW when I said sad excuse.. read a little more carefully.. I said "sad excuse for an argument... that I dont love my pets" ... if you dont want to instigate anything dont challenge people by slying saying they dont love their pets as much as you do because they dont have the same ideas. Dont challenge them by saying they dont do their very best for their animals.. Dont say their not good pet owners.. some people may get defensive.
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Wellput Kona. I don't think people on here tell people to take ther dog to the vet for a scratch. But when someone posts my and asks about a dog that is obviously very ill and lethargic and is vomiting and they want to know what to do. Duh take the dog to the vet would you take your child to the doctor with these symptoms? Some people do not have a clue. And as far as spay and neutering goes yes sometimes an animal will die this is very rare. But more will die from testicular cancer and many other diseases by not neutering and spaying. These dogs that are fixed are useless to puppy mills and byb. So if you are not breeding you are being irresponsible,what if your dog gets out while in heat, another litter of unwanted pups that will get dumped at a shelter if they are lucky or just dumped.
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Snickers...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dog, thats very sad.

However, your fear is clouding your judgement.

Millions of pets have been spayed and neutered, your situation is more rare.

Aside from the issue of litters, Intact female dogs can become deathly ill with a very serious infection.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_pyometra.html
http://www.thepetcenter.com/sur/pyo.html
Here's a real nasty problem . . . pyometra. The term means pus in the uterus. Any time a veterinarian is presented with a dog or cat suffering from pyometra the condition is considered serious and immediate surgery is nearly always indicated. This pus formation in the uterus results from infection, hormone imbalance or mucous buildup inside the uterus. Most dogs and cats suffering from pyometra are presented because of loss of energy, increased thirst and poor appetite. Plus a good tip-off would be a foul smelling, purulent (means pus) vaginal discharge. Most of the cases of pyometra I've seen in dogs occurred about six weeks after the bitch's last heat cycle. They may not look it on the outside, but on the inside these dogs are really sick! If that swollen, enlarged uterus happens to rupture internally, the dog will rapidly go into endotoxic shock and whatever the veterinarian does may not be enough to save the dog. The surgery is not a minor procedure. A patient with a uterus swollen with a foul and putrid soup, is simply carrying a bucket of poison that would eventually kill the cat or dog. Many of these patients require I.V. fluid therapy, antibiotics and nutritional support post-operatively. These pyometra patients, once recovered, act like puppies once their near death experience is over!

Old August 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Well Put Snicker Doodle
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:28 PM
banned user

Snickers, would you mind showing us where anyone said you didn't love your pet?

Kona, I commend you on your mature and well written responses.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Hi just checkin in to see if Sierra's been spayed yet
Old August 28th, 2004, 01:02 AM

relax

i agree with rex - we dont mean to be judgemental - an unspayed female is not only unsafe for the community, it is unsafe for the dog itself as a neutered female would be much gentler in temperment especially towards younger children. There is an agressive issue with unspayed female as they are just being territorial - an instinctive behavior

neutering not only benefits the community but also the animal itself
Old August 31st, 2004, 11:41 PM

Just getting to this now. Has this one found a home... or is it too late?
Old September 1st, 2004, 12:03 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Haven't heard back for awhile not sure.