Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Closed Thread

Old November 15th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I was not attenpting to alienate her but she truly and honestly did not answer my questions, sigh!!!! And if she would do so, I would comprehend just exactly what it is she is trying to do and she did say she was open to ideas. So hence my reply.

Unfortunately, puppy millers have many Kims - if indeed she is a broker. She may be well intentioned and just not realize that by rewarding them financially, she is only perpetuating the puppy mill. (She did not say how old she was). If she is utilizing this site for her brokering, then I will not worry about her being alienated.
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Lil Kirk, I understand what you are saying and it's nice that you want to give the benefit of the doubt to people.

Quote:
I'm just as passionate as the next person about ensuring that puppy mills are stopped and that no one contributes further to their business--but I really feel that instead of educating KimC, she's been alienated...and now she may just go on and continue what she's been doing
She does not need educating - she know exactly what she is doing. By her OWN admission, she is paying BIG bucks to a puppymill for puppies that are byb, no health testing, no titles, no spay/neuter, and selling them for even bigger bucks. In other words, she is profiting from the suffering of these animals, and condoning and abetting this practice.

She says:
Quote:
I am ensuring any dogs that I rescue from there are never bred
Yet in another post, she admits she adopts out INTACT adult dogs. Call me stupid but I don't understand how you can do that and yet ensure they aren't bred??

Funny how these people all leave in a huff when someone asks them legitimate questions and she did not answer ONE of them. I would have no problem answering any and all questions about the policies and operations of Lucky Rescue. In fact, we welcome questions. But then, what we are doing is not immoral and unethical.
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:12 PM

Fair enough--the reality is that I am not in the rescue business so I suppose I am not truly able to read btw the lines of all the "Kims" out there!

I guess I was just hopeful she would come around...ah...too much optimisim (though normally I am not like this!).
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

benefit of the doubt suggestion

KimC, if you are truly trying to help these dogs and what you are doing is legit.. How would you feel about someone visiting yourself, the dogs in foster care and the miller? This can be arranged between Nov. 24 - Nov. 28. Please respond in this thread as I would prefer to agree or respond to this on the board.
Old November 15th, 2004, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_kirk
Fair enough--the reality is that I am not in the rescue business so I suppose I am not truly able to read btw the lines of all the "Kims" out there!

I guess I was just hopeful she would come around...ah...too much optimisim (though normally I am not like this!).
That's right lil lirk, it is hard for people not involved with rescue to see just what we see, and read behind the lines as well. LR is right, she knows just what she is doing, some people just don't care if what they are doing is wrong, or harmful, they will continue to do so anyway if it comes at a profit It is nice to see many who want to see the "good" in people, i do try as well, but many of them are lost causes.
Old November 15th, 2004, 09:17 PM

True---I do feel bad for the original poster though---they're hunt for a Bichon Frise has sort of died out!
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:31 PM
banned user

So if Kim is a broker, or acting like one, if that's even possible to act like one... why is she allowed to post here and tell people (everyone she comes across that matches a breeder she knows) about dogs she "rescued"?? I didn't think that type of person was welcome here... but of course I could be wrong.
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:45 AM
<-----nut ball

and if she is a rescue, why is she posting in the classifieds on petfinder? If she was a rescue, I would assume she would have a rescue page and post in the other areas of petfinder, not the classifieds.
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Of course that type of person is not welcome, and it was very suspicious how she always had the type of dog someone was looking for available - even hard to find dogs, like young Chis, Yorkies, "poo-type" mixes and now Bichons - all puppy mill favorites.

But until she just recently, on this thread, admitted to brokering there was no way to be sure. I"m not saying she doesn't do some legitimate rescuing, but this other thing cancels that out.

I don't think she'll be back. Too many questions that cannot be answered and these people usually become irate and disappear when that happens.
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:27 AM

I am sorry if i caused a whole lot of problems but when she started talking to me on the phone i didn't think something sounded right. I hope that she does the right thing and not keep selling the millers puppies.
Old November 16th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

On the contrary, No No, your questions may have alerted us to her true intentions. I found it curious as well that she always "happened" to have just the right dog. (But one does not like to jump to conclusions)
Old November 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I have stayed out of this but you guys are so right she always had a line on all these very popular small breed which we all know keep the millers and byb's in biz. No rescue would release a dog unvetted and not spayed or neutered unless there was some medical reason. Even then I am sure that would be addressed in your contract with the rescue. My guy was released unneutered but was on meds and could not be sedated while on them. So in my contract I had to produce neuter records from my vet within 1 week of a clean bill of health. My option to not neuter would have meant giving him back and most likely they would have taken legal action if I did not do either and I would expect nothing less from a reputable rescue. The reason he was released to me was he was in a different province and the transport was a problem so when it happened it happened and I gave my word and they spoke with my vet. This kind of dilligence on the part of rescues in not unheard of and in my opinion I would have thought something was not right if they would not have insisted on these things to ensure that Buddy was going to a good home.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I just wrote to Pefinder, and hope they will delete her ads on their Classified sections.
Old November 16th, 2004, 09:39 PM
banned user

I can't even imagine how much money she's made this way... all the while she's talkin about saving animals... how screwed up is that? Screwed not being my first choice of words!
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:40 PM

Thank you LR If we shut off her way of peddling these puppies then maybe she will stop what she is doing.

I am getting such an education from here in the last year. I never thought there were people around like that.

Getting a pet is such a scary thing to make sure that you are getting them from the right people.
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Get a copy of the breed rescue and all breed rescue book that is in all Ontario shelters. Best place to start, the brokers and unethical rescues are not in it. You can view it online here http://speakingofdogs.com/rescue.html
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I understand how you feel No No. Five yrs ago, I was still wandering the aisles of pet stores that displayed pets, sigh!!! But they never looked all that healthy and in retrospect, must have been sooooooo stressed!!!
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:37 PM

Did anyone notice that Jenn Connors info is still listed at the bottom of those shelters
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

That's last year's directory, the new one will be up in the next few days, with certain folks removed.
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:03 AM

Ok i just remembered the thread from here and wondered if someone had just forgotten
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Luckily Jenns reputation has finally and hopefully put her out of business forever. No loss to the rescue world.
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Senior Contributor

She was well regarded back when she was Mud Huskies - but as happens with some she went off the rails.
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Senior Contributor

I got Boo when she was Mud Huskies she was already going down fast at that point
Old November 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

She was Mud Huskies for quite awhile and rescued Huskies for a couple years before having a name from what I recall.
Closed Thread