Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Old September 6th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

I'm enjoying cooking for the dogs

I must say, it's no hardship to do it and the dogs love it. I made up a big pot of braised beef today and the dogs wiped their dinner out in minutes. I have enough of this to do 2 weeks feeding every other day. I've got chicken thighs that I'm cooking up tomorrow to feed on alternate days. Mixed in with their kibble and the broth from the cooking, they just love it.

Cindy
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
they just love it.

Cindy
I bet they do !!! yum yum !
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Do you just do the meat on it's own or do you add veggies and stuff? I am beginning to think this would be a better way for me to feed my cats. I know they sure would love it. May even be cheaper. I mean, 5 or 6 cats would probably eat what one of your puppers would.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

The last time I made stew and added potatos and carrots. This time it was just the beef chunks. I mix it in with their kibble, so I'm not so worried about whether or not is has all the nutrients. Since dogs are carnivores, the veggies aren't necessary. I wouldn't think cats would need them either. I don't know if my cats would like this stuff or not, they didn't get a chance to get near the dogs bowls. Gabby would like it, she loves the same stuff the dogs do. I think Princess Squeakie and Mookie the brick might have issues with it unless I ground it up fine.

Cindy
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I would think it would be cheaper, it's definately cheaper to feed the dogs this way. I think I will grind some up for the cats and see how it works.....4 cases of cat food a week.....I could stand to save some more money.

Cindy
Old September 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I feel your pain. Believe me!
I may get some meat and grind it up myself and see how it goes over with my bunch.
Thanks for the idea! I bet once they eat this they won't ever want cat food again!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!