Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 28th, 2004, 08:14 AM

Homeopathy for keratitis pannus - Answered by Dr. Guindon

Is there an homeopathic remedy available that would help in the treatment of keratitis (pannus)? My dog suffers from dry eye, which was a consequence of a cataract operation, which he had about 9 years ago. His right eye's tear ducts were affected & he has been on optimmune medication ever since, because his eyes don't seem to produce tears very well (his right eye in particular). For a few years, there's been sort of like a film forming, over his right eye mostly & his left eye only slightly. Recently this condition seems to have worsened. He is presently being treated with prednisone drops, as well as optimmune & over-the-counter tear gel, although so far no improvement is noticeable. I would just like to know if there are any natural remedies that could be helpful.
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Administrator

I can suggest BYONIA (available in most pharmacies) 5 CH , 3 pellets given oraly 3 times a day for a good month and than reduce gradually.

Paul Guindon DMV
Clinique veterinaire Salaberry
Medecine conventionnelle et holystique
1895 Salaberry, Montreal, Qc. Canada
514-334-7280
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Homeopathy for keratitis pannus

My dog Star has just been diagnosed with conjuntivitis and pannus. Previous to the pannus affecting the corneas in both eyes she had severe conjunctivitis which has quieted down noticeably. The vet prescribed (1)
"neomycin and polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension - 5 ML" and (2) "Neosporin".

I am concerned with unhappy side affects such as potential cataracts or blindness with continued use of the medications and I noticed your recommendation in 2004 for a homeopathic remedy named "Byonia".
I want to know how effective is this remedy? and is there anything
additionally that we can try or do to stop the spread or to ameliorate this
condition. Also, has Vitamin E intra-occularly ever been tried that you know of?
What do you think? I very much appreciate this forum. Thank You for your response.