Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so happy she is improving.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Happy to hear Cujo is feeling better

The amoxicillin likely tastes bad , does Cujo have a treat she really likes, something like cheese or cooked chicken breast? Start with a small treat, give the amoxicillin then treat again. You could also try giving a small med dose treat, then the rest of the meds treat again. Sometimes if they know/can smell a treat on the counter they are too distracted to fuss until after you've already give the meds

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

Thanks for the suggesstion, She doesnt seem to mind the taste of it cause she licks it right up when some drips around her mouth, she just wont let me hold her head still when it comes time to give it to her, her other medication is so much easier cause all it has to do is drop onto her teeth, gums or tongue so all i have to do is pull her top lip up, but she does not like me holdin her head still to stick the syringe in her mouth, Ill be so glad when its gone and i dont have to give it to her anymore, i really hate stressing her out.

But her fighting me like that is a sure sign she is getting better, so in the end it makes me happy
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Yay! Good to hear that she's doing a bit better!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

Cujo is still showing improvment on a daily basis, I woke up to her on my night stand today, which on one hand is good because that means she is getting her energy back, but on the other hand she is not allowed to be jumping for another 9 more days :S haha

her apetite is back to about 90 %, and she has been using the litter box every night now.
She has also started to bath herself again, which im glad to see, she was always such a priss but when she got sick she stopped cleaning herself.

And with every day she improves the harder it is to give her the meds...lol I think i am wearing more than what she got in her mouth, fiesty lil thing, she does not like having her head held still, then she bats my hands away, she doesnt use her claws when she does it, its kind of cute when she does it cause even though she is such a tiny cat where she has two extra claws on each paw they are like boxing gloves haha im glad she never uses her claws on me..lol that might hurt.
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Aha! She's getting feistier! That's always a good sign.

Good luck with the meds, though! I've always been thankful that I've only had dogs to pill instead of cats You cat owners are so much braver than hazel is!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:39 AM
-

Glad to hear that Cujo is recovering so well.

Are these liquid meds you are giving her or pills?
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

Liquid meds, and everyday it gets harder and harder to give them to her Im so scared she is going to hurt her incisions or something trying to get away from me when I give her the meds
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Can you wrap her in a towel to keep her from struggling so hard?

Only a week to go! Hang in there!! And Cujo, you be good for your mommy!!!!

Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

well Cujo is doing very well I am pleased to say, her apetite is back at full force..lol She is using the litter regularly, and has her playful spirit back

She has that sweet lok back in her eyes that I missed so much. Only four more days left of kitteh watch and we are both free from the room.

She is still giving me a hard time with the meds, i feel so bad because i have to hold the back of her neck to make her take it, but she needs to keep taking it until it is all gone.

Im sure Shadow and Lucky will be so happy when I can open my door and they can return to invading my room haha and to see Cujo again.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Hurrah!! And the end is in sight!

Good for Cujo and good for you! You're doing such a good job with her.

Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

Thanks... It has been a long and stressful road to recovery, but she is totally worth it. Im so happy that she is not in pain anymore, and isnt suffering anymore...lol Instead she is sucking up all the extra attention she has been getting ..lol
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Glad to hear things are progressing well

Won't be long now

How have the cats been reacting when you visit from Cujo to the others? Any hissing/overly interested sniffing etc? I'm wondering if you might need to do a re-introduction before allowing them all free range with each other

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cujo, Lucky, and Shadow

Actually the only thing that seem to bother them is not being allowed in my room, and of course me not being around them as much as usual. But thank goodness there has been no hissing or excessive sniffing.

Shadow got in the room once on my just got right through my legs, so I though Id let him see Cujo just to see that she was okay, so I held him and brought him over to where she was he looked at her, then jumped over to where her food dish was, so I dont think there will be much problem. But Im def going to keep an eye on things between them when She can leave the room. Cujo was the last cat that I got, and I didnt even have a problem with the other cats the day I brought her home, Shadow walked right into the cage she was in and started cleaning her, and now Cujo thinks he is her dad..lol