Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted to puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

I've been trying to just leave them alone at this point. They're so thick and crusty that I don't think anything would really soften them--they're beginning to flake off in chunks. There is actually hair growing underneath, which is a great relief to us, but the skin is also very pitted. :sad: I'm only using the compresses under the nose where there is still infection to be drawn--do you think I should still use them on the scabs as well, shredy? I was afraid that it would make the skin around the edges a little dryer and therefore itchier
I think leaving them alone and letting the scabs fall off when they are ready is the best thing to do. I'm glad she is letting you touch her again and that there is hair growing back. It may never get back to normal, but don't be scared if it looks awful at first, it will get better as the hair follicles recover. Give her kisses for me, but not on her nose ouch!

RIP Shade I will never forget your sweet smile
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Mostly what we worry about is that the tissue will be tender even after it heals and the scars will get scraped up when she's playing. that they're tough enough to resist the ministrations of a marauding Pack! It would be a real tragedy if she got it infected again!

Thank Dawg she's not the most animated dog in the Wide World...she's usually pretty laid-back.

Oooooo, rainbow...the lovely lady and her handsome beau! I think Ridge would like that, too!!

*faint sound of madame hazel singing "Chase and Ridgy sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G"....*

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Once the scabs have come off you can always use aloe or vitamin e to help the healing process along. Helps with scarring too.
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Once the scabs have come off you can always use aloe or vitamin e to help the healing process along. Helps with scarring too.

I was thinking along the same lines.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Awww poor Ridge. I hope she feels better soon,and heals good.
for Ridge!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
-

I'm glad Ridge is doing better If she's sad about her scars , you tell her to tell the other dogs it's from a fight with another dog (outside of the pack of course !) and that she won that will bring her respect from the others
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

She's feeling so much better that Cole runs when he sees her, figuring she's gonna try to gore him! So Frenchy, I think they already respect the little ...or at least are very, very afraid of the DEC!

I'll pass on the hugs, happycats. She and I both love having an excuse for a little cuddle.

Old January 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
-

I'm glad to hear this Hazel. now you should take a video of them all in front of coned head Ridge
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

She did have one of the prime spots in that video of the Hazel Run barracks. Everyone lets her settle first, then they fill in the beds around her.

Old January 16th, 2008, 01:06 AM

Glad Ridge's snozz is feeling less itchy & more healie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Chase would love to have the beautiful Lady Ridge for his cyber girlfriend.....they can compare scars.
Quote:
Oooooo, rainbow...the lovely lady and her handsome beau! I think Ridge would like that, too!!

*faint sound of madame hazel singing "Chase and Ridgy sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G"....*
As long as Esquire Brier doesn't get jealous & plan a road trip to BC to duke it out w/Chase for the Lady's

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The Esquire is a lover, not a fighter. He'll just two-time Chase Or, if the Lady decides to rendevous with Chase, the Esquire will take solace in the fact that there are four other lovely ladies at home... He always "loves the one he's with"... Remember that song? Surprisingly, so does hazel!

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

If you can't be with the one you love, baby, love the one you're with, love the one you're with. I remembered it too and now it's gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the day.
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Ooops! Sorry, 14+

A newbie signed on a while back and the words to "Our House" by CSN&Y were posted in the welcome thread... I've been singing it ever since! So I feel your pain!

Old January 16th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I see things are getting better thats good news for sure.
So you figured out it was from rubbing non stop against the crate for a few hours, ahh poor baby. Well the good news about that is that it's not a chronic skin / allergy situation then YAY a one time shot! Good news!
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
"Our House" by CSN&Young
Ahhhh .

Sorry .

So, do we get any updated photos of Ridge to fawn over ?
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:50 AM

where's our update pic?????

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
-

I expect it to be here tomorrow morning.
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Sigh....I'll try. But every time I post, I get disconnected...

Cross your fingers!

Name:  Folliculitis 17 1-17-08 a.m.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:  Folliculitis 18 1-17-08.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  26.5 KB

On this one, you can see the thick scab sloughing off at the upper right...

Name:  Folliculitis 19 1-17-08 a.m.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  22.0 KB

You can also see that the infected area beneath the leather of her nose is clearing up without draining. No new lesions for a few days now

Old January 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

WooooHooooo! It worked!

Old January 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Doggie Wench

Ridge's nose is looking much better! You must be so relieved. I bet Ridge is feeling some relief as well.

Now, can we get pics of the rest of her darling face ?
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Ridge's nose is looking much better! You must be so relieved. I bet Ridge is feeling some relief as well.

Now, can we get pics of the rest of her darling face ?
When the phone company gets its collective butt out here to fix the lines!

I'll see what I can do...I can get some shots ready and try to upload later if the connection gets better. Right now, I'm spending more time reconnecting than actually on the board!

Old January 17th, 2008, 12:52 PM
-

Oh wow Hazel ! She's looking gooooood ! What a great doggy nurse you are , the pack are sure lucky to have you !
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Oh wow Hazel ! She's looking gooooood ! What a great doggy nurse you are , the pack are sure lucky to have you !
Aw, shucks *sound of shuffling feet*

Ridge did all the hard work. Mom just watched...

Old January 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
-

Breaking news , bip bipbipbip bip ... the pack just e-mailed me with a message for you =

aren't they too sweet ?
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Breaking news , bip bipbipbip bip ... the pack just e-mailed me with a message for you =

aren't they too sweet ?
Yes they are!

Speaking of breaking news...when did you break 12,000?!

Old January 17th, 2008, 01:08 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thumbs up

Yay!!!!!! for Ridge!!!! That is wonderful she is healing so well. It's been a long haul for her and you. Tell her I am suffering with one of those stupid "stress cold sores" so I feel her pain. :sad: But I am sure hers is tons worse.
And it's all good with the song. I don't really mind boppin' along with the music in my head. It's just the weird looks I get Feel free to call me Gerri instead of 14+ if you like. I don't mind. (and it doesn't start with F)
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
-

WOOOO HOOOO !!!! Beautiful Lady Ridge is looking soooo much better.
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Yay!!!!!! for Ridge!!!! That is wonderful she is healing so well. It's been a long haul for her and you. Tell her I am suffering with one of those stupid "stress cold sores" so I feel her pain. :sad: But I am sure hers is tons worse.

Oweeee! Hope it's better soon!

And it's all good with the song. I don't really mind boppin' along with the music in my head. It's just the weird looks I get

Oh, ya, I hear ya!...hazel gets those often, too!

Feel free to call me Gerri instead of 14+ if you like. I don't mind. (and it doesn't start with F)
Okay, Gerri...I'll give it whirl... Only likely, we'll forget...me, madame hazel, hazel...we all have really bad memories! And no one will know who we're talking to if I call you Gerri! But that's okay cuz they pretty much all know we're nut cases, anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
WOOOO HOOOO !!!! Beautiful Lady Ridge is looking soooo much better.
She even let me pull off a dangling scab this afternoon, so she's feeling much better, too!

Old January 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Hazel, wouldn't pulling off the scab bother the healing process??

I know if we have scabs and we peel off the scab even the dangly ones it can cause reinfection, or slow the healing process down..
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww Hazel,look at Ridge,her nose looks great
Also,I don't know how I can even be a member of this Forum,you guys are all nuts and OMG it's rubbing off on me

Frenchy,you are catching up on my 14.000 posts!!!!!But I think I've been here longer??