Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 13th, 2003, 10:12 AM

Unhappy sick cat

Hi,

I was wondering if you could helllp me? My cat is 11 years old, female, spayed. For the past week she has been sluggish, not eating very much only a little, and then today she vomitted almost 12 hrs after she ate. The days before that she hasn't eaten or drank very much. She's gotten sick maybe once a day and it's been right after she ate or one day right after I gave her medicine. She has not thrown up continuously. And she has not had a bowel movement for a few days. I did take her to the vet and he gave some medicine for her vomitting and diahrea, which that only happen once and it was more soft then runny and has vomitted only a couple of times, like I said above. I stopped giving her medicine because she threw the liquid up right after I gave it to her once and the pills are for nausea and she started foaming in her mouth 20 minutes after I gave it to her. So, I'm wondering if she could have just a belly ache that just needs time to pass, or could it be something more serious that would need blood work test to determine whats wrong?? I just brought her to the vet 4 days ago, he felt nothing, say nothing, she has a little temperature, nothing major he said. He said he thought she has a little belly ache and to put her on this special food and medicine. The food she does not like so I've given her other food since then, I feel better if she eats something, is that ok?? How many days can she go without eating?? Should I stick to the food he said to give her?? I tryed it for 2 days and she had no interest. Help! Thanks for taking the time, I look forward to your view on all my questions. I've never had a sick kitty so I'm not quite sure what to do. I want her to be comfortable and get through this. Thanks again. erical5