Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM

LOST! White long hair himalayan cat with grey points.

Hi everyone!

I lost my cat on the 21st October and i'm trying everywhere i can to announce it, hoping that this will help me find it. I saw this forum while surfing on the net and i'd like to thank the administrators for letting us post for free in this helpful website.

My cat is a male Himalayan, long white hair with light grey points (ears, face, feet, tail and a bit on the body). It's about 1 year and 4 months old and never went outside.

I live in West Island, Quebec, on Pierrefonds, Jolicoeur. My cat jumped from my balcony on the first floor and we didn't noticed until after a while, but when we went out looking for him, couldn't find him. A neighbor from the other building saw the cat jumping and said he walked on the back of the building, but still we didn't see nothing.

I'm worried coz he's so scared out and he doen't eat accept the food i give him. I believe someone took him, coz it wouldn't go so far, coz as i said he's so scared to be out.

Plz, if someone found it, let me know coz i really miss him so much, and i'll reward the one who does this. Here are some two pictures of him around 2 months ago.
Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Diter; October 24th, 2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

If he is an indoor only kitty, he is probably very scared outside. He may not come out of hiding during the day even if you are calling him. Would he be able to jump back up on your balcony? If so, leave a box with some of his items and your items (worn shirt/PJ's) in the box and check on it throughout the night.

Did you go door to door to ask each tennant if they saw him? Being such a beautiful cat somebody may have taken him in knowing he must be lost.

My parents had a himalayan hide under their deck for five days before he decided to come out very early in the morning. He was an indoor only cat that ran outside when a friend came over to visit. His home was only a couple of doors down from my parents but he wouldn't leave from beneath the deck even when his owners called for him during the day and nobody knew he was there.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Thank u love4Himis for ur advise. I will really try and look every hidden place on my block. I've done some annoucments around my area and to some big stores but till now i didnt have a call.

He cant jump back on the balcony, coz i live on the first floor and its so high, that's why i was surprised that he jumped from there coz it's really so high. He did jump another time before this from the balcony because he saw me down coming out from my car and he wanted to reach me, so when i went up, i opened the door and he usually is there waiting for me, but i didnt see him, so right away i thought he jumped so i went and took him, he was so scared miawing in front of the main entrance. Nothing did happent to him, even thought is so high.

I know my cat very well, if he sees a strange person he runs like crazy coz he's scared and he hides somewhere in the house until he goes. That's why i believe someone took him, or as u said, he's still hidden somewhere and this could b a big possibilaty knowing he's very scared from people.

But what i don't get is, how do they survive for 5 days hidden without eating and drinking? Or do they eat anything, coz my cat really doesn't even eat the meat, only what i give him from the ready cat food, which is dry.

Here i found some pics of him around 2 months ago.

Thank u again!
Attached Images

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
-

Go outside late at night or really early in the morning. He should be more inclined to come out of his hiding place when it is dark and quiet. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Yes cats can survive even for a couple of weeks without food & they will find sources of water to lap up.

I agree to go out late @ night or early am & bring a small bag of dry food or treats to shake - trying to attract his attention. Since you can't leave the shirt on your balcony - what about near where you park your car? is there a spot you could leave a box with the shirt in it for him to come to w/out it being thrown out right away?

good luck keep us posted

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; October 26th, 2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

The cat that was hiding under my parents deck was a Himie, he came out at dawn and looked in my parents basement window (they get up at 4AM) where their TV is located. When my mother saw him through the window, and went outside to get him but he ran back under the deck. He would not come out when his owners were calling for him through out the daytime.

Growler has a good idea to leave a box on the ground, maybe you can attach a note asking that it be left alone.

There was somebody else who lost a Himie and it came back a month later so don't give up and I would continue to knock on neighbours doors and contact local shelters/vets.

He sure is a beauty.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Hi!

I saw my cat tonight at 11.00 PM and was next to some bushes i have in my area (it's like a small forest). im sure it was him coz i did cut the bottom of his tail hairs and i recognized him from it and also from the face when he looked at me. He saw me and i was so exited and i called him, but he run away fast into the bushes. I tryed calling him and shaking his favorite cookies, but still nothing, he didnt show up. Couldnt believe my cat can manage to live in the bushes. Now at least i know he is around here.

Plz , if anyone knows any way to approach him let me know. I'll try to go again late at night and in the morning, but i feel he's scared from me now and will never aproach. Plz tell me a way to get him.

Thank u, and i have to mention coz ur advises made me keep going and not giving up looking for him at night, coz i gave up since the first night i lost him, i never thought he will be able to live outside, but it was true.

Thank u again!
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:27 AM
-

All I can say is keep trying. Is he totallly quiet around you at 11:00pm? Perhaps you need to go a little later or before sunrise. Leave something with your scent on it where you last saw him and some food for him. If he still is "afraid" then get a humane trap and hopefully that will work. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM

Also crouch low to the ground so as not to startle him with the "tall giant stature", be sure to call him in a calm nice voice, use nicknames/often used endearments as well as his name

good luck

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Growler is right, the lower to the ground and the slower you move the better. He is running due to fear instinct, not because he doesn't know you. You may even want to not move towards him, but let him come to you. Call very softly and do have his favourite treats in your hand. If you can sit on the ground that would even be better.

Good luck! Maybe even get a humane trap to put outside where you saw him with some tuna/sardines in it to entice him in.
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM

GOT HIM! GOT HIM! GOT HIM!:

Thanks God, after 7 days missing, now i've got my cat back.

I went (me and my wife) to put a trap to the same place where i saw him 2 nights ago, and soon as we reached the place (around 7.30PM), he heard ours voices and he started miawing right away, so i told my wife to call him with very soft voice and i didnt call him at all and kept clear, coz i was sceard he'll fear me. So she started calling him and seated and shaking his cookies (as u advised me), he was still miawing and we could see him, but didnt approach. So i said to my wife let me give a try, and i started calling him while shaking his cookies, and right away he aproached and i gave him some cookies and graped him with my hands. (I didnt have to use the trap). Couldn't believe my eyes that he was in my hands again, such a wonderful feeling. I was worried a lot the last 2 nights, coz was cold, rain and windy, but he seems ok, thanks God.

I'd like to thank u all for the advises u gave me, coz they really helped a lot.
Thank you!

Here are some fresh pics of the surviver (7 days). LOL
U can see he is really tired. LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by Diter; October 28th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Always great news when a pet is found. Such a beautiful cat too.
Congratulations!

Cindy
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Congrats

Great job

so happy to hear your baby is home & he is purrty

Old October 29th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so happy for you I am doing a happy dance at my desk!!!

How is he settling back in?

He is beautiful. As you can tell from my ID, I just love Himalayans (Ragdolls too!)
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:06 PM

He is back to normal now, actually more friendly. He keeps coming after us all the time, he doesnt wanna stay a second alone, all he wants now is being caressed. LOL . Last night he slept all night on our bed next to my legs. He was drinking a lot of water and eating so often.

Because he was walking in the bushes, some dry stuff from bushes sticked on his long tail's hair. After some days im thinking to give him a hair cut.

Quote:
He is beautiful. As you can tell from my ID, I just love Himalayans (Ragdolls too!)
Even me i like a lot himalayans, and persians also. Actually i like all kinds of cats, but i love so much cats with very long hairs , like himies and persians. I live in an apartament and i dont have much space to have more than one and my wife is a bit allergic to cats, but if i live in a house, i'd have about 4 or 5 cats coz i love them so much.

Last edited by Diter; October 29th, 2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old October 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM

I too am so happy you have your beloved Himalayan back. We had one back in the 90's named "Mr T" and loved him so much. He had a special place in our hearts. Yours is such a happy story. Hope we see many more like that.
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Senior Contributor

LOST! White long

Wonderful news
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:13 AM
-

WOO HOO....glad you got your handsome boy back. We love happy endings here.