Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 5th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Post Vet with English Bulldog experience in Ottawa

Hello! I recently moved from Toronto to Ottawa with my 3 year old bulldog Lola and am looking for a good vet with Bulldog experience in Ottawa. I was fortunate to have phenomenal vets in Toronto with lots of bullies at the practice, and am looking for something similar here.
I've been very fortunate that Lola has been a very healthy girl, but I would prefer a vet with Bulldog experience, should there be any issues in the future. Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

Lavinia
Old April 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM

What end of the city are you in? East or West ? We have a bullie and take him to a very good vet that used to be partners with another in Rockland. Not sure of their exp with them but im sure there is quite a bit. The one im talking about is on Tenth Line in Orleans(East end of Ott) Ill ask my sister if she knows any others,its her bullie,she should have lots of info. There is another in the west end of Ottawa I used to take my boxer/pit to.On Carling avenue. They were amazing with all the stuff they knew about boxers and wht should and shouldnt be done. They are highly recomended as well. Again not sure of their exp with bullies but im sure they do.They are a little more pricey tho. Worth it in my mind.Ill get back to you with more info from my sister.
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Internation Old English Bulldog Association

http://www.ioeba.net/

This site has everything you need to know. It has a forum as well if you cant find a vet on there that would suit you,make a thread in there. It should also help with any other information you might have concerning your dog and his breed.

Hope this helps.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM

Thanks Brandon W! We're located in the west end, in Westboro, so a place nearby would be great. The website you sent is full of info, but for an old bulldoggue, not an English bulldog - slightly different in stature (mainly around the height)! I have a similar website about English Bulldogs, but it seems to be focused mainly in the US, with no Canadian vets listed. I would love to know the place you were talking about on Carling. Is it the Carling Animal Hospital or something like that, close to Bayshore? I've heard good things about them as a whole, but wasn't sure about the bulldog experience. Thanks again!
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM

Yes it is the Carling Animal Hospital. They are greattt. I do not know if they are specialized in tht breed but im almost sure you will be happy. Worst case give them a call and ask if one of their vets is. There is prolly half a dozen vets at this location. Yeah sorry about the breed,you have the breed i love and want haha. The short fat ones. I would like to see a pic as well! It is on carling just before carlingwood mall. in your case i believe after since you will be coming the opposite way. Over all though im sure you will be very very happy with this one. The other vets in the area are not as big and usually cost a lot more.
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM

I'm definitely going to give them a call. Thanks again! I absolutely adore bulldogs and if you ever get one, they have the best personalities.Since you said your sister has one you know that already

here a pic of Lola playin in the snow a few weeks ago. She's a little tank! Name:  IMG_0355.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  189.0 KB
Attached Images

Old April 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM

haha shes adorable. Yes they have a unique personality Gus is very different lol! My dog same name as yours, Lola has a great personality as well. Thanks for the pics,good luck with your vet search.
Old May 13th, 2014, 10:33 AM

Smile Where did you go in Toronto?

Sorry to piggy back your thread, but we are looking for a vet that specializes in bulldogs in toronto!
we recently adopted a three year old english bully and the vet we go to has not a clue.. (told us to clean his wrinkles /ears once a week).
Any other tips welcome