Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old May 28th, 2004, 08:29 AM

Unhappy Chihuahua Breeding

You obviously don’t know a thing about breeding chihuahaus, I understand someone who has no idea of gestation period shouldn’t even take that challenge. But I think you should learn a-little to before you try to make someone else look stupid. Chihuahuas are as easy as anything else to breed, and I have not had a problem with any of mine over the years!!! Learn something before you hurt someone else, everyone needs to learn some how and without some ones simple advice something could go wrong with the little thing!!!!!
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:44 AM

I agree with saying shame on you...

but saying people are idiots and insult them without knowing them is more idiotic if you ask me.

Yes this dog should never have been bred. But please spare the insults over the internet.. Useless and childish!

Yes I love dogs and will care for mine without any hesitation.
But there are worst things going on right now, people are being killed everyday and there seems to be more people worried about cats and dogs.
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Darkseeker. I actually hate that saying,"people are being killed each day in the world,more important than animals"
There are things we can do something about and then there are things we cannot.We cannot save all the starving people in the world,or stop wars...and animals are lesser creatures(sometimes I wonder!)but no less deserving of humane treatment,they don't start wars or kill each other for the sake of killing and to many of us they are family members with no less importance.Like I had responsabilty for my sons when I brought them into this world,the same goes for any animal I care for and others in my path.
Lets care for anybody and anything,try to be and do the best that we can
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:31 AM

There is something you can do to help people.

Have you been around shelters in montreal or toronto.
You would realise that there is probably more people in need than you think and that right near you.

I jut find it sad sometimes that there seems to be more organizations to save the dogs, the cats, the whales, the fish then there are to help people.

I just can't help but being a bit frustrated when i see how mean some people can be because of a pregnant dog. Poeple get pregnant all the time (without wanting to) and to not get called names so badly.
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes Darkseeker,you are right I could help out with homeless people,at the food banks or wherever.
But I have neither the time or inclination and I do not live in Toronto.
I have two handicapped kids(not looking for sympathy)and as for helping they are my first priority.
People,unlike animals can help themselves,it's really sad to see people down on their luck,I was once too...but people have ways of surviving,animals cannot survive without us.
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributor

I just wanted to add,I am no hero,like Lucky,Luba and some others,I only have my own three cats,but would not hesitate to be involved if I saw an animal in trouble,any animal even the human kind.
The reason for so many organisations in the Montreal area is because your SPCA has the highest kill-rate in Canada,any animal ending up there will more than likely never leave.Hence all the private non-profit shelters.
We can all do our bit in helping out,but why do we have to chose one or the other,human or animal
No more on this subject from me,I tend to go on and on,sorry about that
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

This site is about pets.Lets keep it that way shall we....

Anita,I agree...We can survive on our own,animals can't.

I need to add something....

I was born and raised in Toronto...I know what goes on there.

Something should be done about these sqeegie(sp) kids that are all over Front Street,Lakeshore...Do I feel sorry for them,hell no..This is the life they chose.The people living on the streets,don't let them all fool you.There are MANY that are actually well off and DO have money.Trust me on this one.
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Right Mona. This is a pet board, so that is what we focus on. And just because someone is poor does not necessarily mean they are deserving.

Animals don't have options, as people do, and can't call a hotline for help or use birth control.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Well guys,you said it much better than I did