Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Ask the Members > Podcast feedback

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Pets.ca - Podcast#3 - Please comment

Yup another Podcast has been released. This time it's an interview with a 4th year veterinary student.

Please give us as much feedback as possible. As always, brutally honest is best!

The podcast can be downloaded from here
http://www.pets.ca/index-newsletter.htm

Here's a description of what a podcast is:
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is simply an audio file that you can play on your computer or on an MP3 player such as an Ipod. You can think of a podcast as a recorded radio program that you download and then play whenever you want. Podcasts from Pets.ca will of course feature pet tips and other useful pet information. They will be approximately 5-20 minutes in length. Please note that podcasts do not 'stream'. They are downloaded in their entirety (so it takes a couple of minutes) onto your computer or MP3 player before they can be listened to.

Thanks as always!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM
-

Bridie, Ceili and Declan thank you very much for that extra scratch under the chin Marko ! And they got liver tonight for dinner so I could sit for a few minutes to listen to your podcast ~ so they are quite thrilled with #3,

The interview content was interesting ~ a little basic maybe. You could probably shorten you introductory comments a little to eliminate the redundancy. The sound quality during the interview was odd ~ tin can or bottom of the well whereas the sound quality during your intro and sign-off commentary was fine. There was however a difference in volume between your commentary and the actual interview.

Future topics ? Nutrition - how about a raw v. manufactured debate ? Orrrrr maybe just nutrition in general... Complimentary medicines with a Vet who also practices homeopathy etc.. Dealing with specific unwanted behaviours with a behaviourist. Dog therapy in institutional settings. Police who compete in Schutzhund (sp?) and obedience trials. Grooming techniques, specialty tools and insider trade secrets. The last question you asked Bev was one worth pursuing in more depth I think as it has come up on the Board more than a few times, "What to look for in a Vet".

Great podcast overall though ~ she sounds like she'll be a great Vet someday soon! Thanks !
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:43 PM

Um... Having an 87% average in university isn't hard?
They also make you take the MCATs now for Guelph...

Otherwise a good interview, but I would break it up. Like have shorter interviews on one subject. Like, IMO, the "what to look for in a vet" should have been on its own, and maybe a different, more experienced vet could answer...

I also agree that the quality in the interview and the before and after was very different...

Future topics:
how to treat ear infections in dogs
How to go about an elimination diet
what goes on in a check up
an interview with a holistic vet about the differences between them and regular vets
recommended vaccinations
shedding and what to do about it
(sorry, I don't have any cat specific ones... I'm just thinking of common doggy issues/questions)