Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM

sorry for the little one.
for your family.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

That is just so sad, emcee. Poor little darling. I think you would honour him if you got another kitten, and it should help you through this bad time. My sister and I often honour our dogs from the past by giving their names to another dog. It might sound strange but so often when I think of the current Shady(sheltie) I will also think about Shady the cattle dog, that died in '95. My sister has had two bitches named Judy(cross bred and sheltie), two named Gypsy(shelties) and two named Jessica(Border Collie and German Shepherd). Helps keep the memories of them fresh in your mind.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:28 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Lilo
Please IMO do not go and get another cat until you and your other kitty are completely ready for it. "Replacing" one does not make the other one feel better. She will have a grieving period to go through as well. Her companion is no longer with her. There is no guarantee she would get along with another cat right away. When the time is right you will know it.
I am so sorry for your loss.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
~Cat Servent~

so sorry for your loss.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Catlover2

My suggestion was to get another kitten not a cat, preferablly a female (spayed) around 4 to 5mos. old would be about the right age. Most cats accept young kittens better than an adult cat. Usually there are lots of kittens available in shelters/rescues now. When you feel you're ready to do that, I really don't think your cat will have too much trouble adjusting to a playful girl kitty. Actually, I would expect Monsieur O to be depressed without another cat around since he was so used to having his brother Monsieur Lilo around. A kitten would certainly cure that. IMHO that's my experience.

Last edited by catlover2; April 22nd, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Tags
accident, cat, hip, injury