Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 20th, 2004, 08:33 PM

Can the milk man become the litter man??

So as you know I have 4 cats...I think I may make that my signature "i have 4 cats and a dog"... so buying litter for 4 boxes is often a tedious chore-especially when i go to buy a 50 lb bag of dog food, 20 lb bag of cat food, 4 20 lb containers of litter and of course all the treats to goodies for the babies...with a 2 seater!

so i had an idea that I have tried pitching to several of my cat owner friends. They don't see to understand the logic so follow me on this one.

remember the milk man? every morning (or whatever you had arranged with the milk man) he would deliver milk to your front door in that nice little weather proof box. once a month, you would receive the bill for the following month along with your fresh milk. well, what if we could do that with litter??

you have reusable container(s) that could be weatherproof that sits in your backyard or your garage and on specified timing, the litter man comes to your house and refills your container (of course there is a deposit for the container-you receive the deposit back when you end the service!).

you, of course, have different types/brands you can purchase. your friendly litter man would also have different litter accessories, such as litter bags and pads and scoopers (in case you break yours in a frenzied litter box cleaning-which has been known to happen with me)

of course you could argue that one could use an internet service for ordering but wouldn't a friendly smile from a man wearing a white suit named larry be so much more inviting??
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:44 PM
banned user

Awesome idea!!!

Quote:
of course you could argue that one could use an internet service for ordering but wouldn't a friendly smile from a man wearing a white suit named larry be so much more inviting??
Definitely!!!!! But he's gotta be hot!!!!
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

he could bring a packet of smokes to me in the morn too, then if i run out i would not have to run down the shop now that would be good.
but i doubt he be would be larry here, ours would have to be bluey.
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:45 PM
~Cat Servent~

cabana boy, pool boy, milk man.....and now the litter man!!!

I love it, especially b/c I have to lug all that litter in by myself when hubby is not around! It would be so nice just to wake up and have it at my door!
Old September 21st, 2004, 08:55 AM

This service is actually available here. They deliver the litter in large tubs then when you are through they come and exchange the tubs. (Kinda like the bottled water people) I have never used this service but its great for seniors who may not drive and can't lift large buckets of litter.

3 very furry kids -

2 black cats - Pepper and Joey
1 Shih Tzu Puppy - Sophie
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:18 PM

lol, well, yes for seniors it would great, but it's really great for lazy people, people with very little time (for example, I have a lot of friends that have to work after most stores close so they end up buying the cheap stuff from WalMart, which while they don't really like the products, they have very little choice), little car space (like me!! ) or ummm...lazy people (like me-again...)

lol, btw, i'm liking idea that Larry has to be HOT!!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

HOT!!! Great idea! Have him deliver a scone with a Starbucks latte. That'll get me up early, dressed, and ready to go! Probably look better for work too!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:56 PM
Crusader

What's next a Manicure and Pedicure?.. women can be so demanding!
lol
Old September 22nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
banned user

You know, I was thinking about this.... and I've never seen a "HOT" guy named Larry. His name should be Blake or Scott... it just fits.
Our water delivery guy was named Scott... whoa!!!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Scotts are always hot
Old September 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM

first of all, iron, being demanding is a prerequisite to being a woman. i almost took offense to your comment but then i thought again and said, "why yes, i AM demanding, and damn proud of it" so I thank you, Iron.

and on second thought you are right, sneaky, i don't know anyone named larry that is HOT. i knew a perry that was hot...
Old September 22nd, 2004, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

"Larry" makes me think of that old video game "Larry, the Lounge Lizard" wearing his white 70's polyester suit.