Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old April 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM
banned user

help

Why is it so hard to let go of the passing of Zorba. In 4 days it is 4 months. I have video's of him and photographs but yet the tears do not stop. I miss him extremely. I had him when he was only 5 weeks old. His health had been deteriating. I am Jewish and we are not allowed to be cremated, this happened during winter. I could not keep his body in my yard I would have to be insane. I tried, begged, and prayed but in the end cremation. I wanted to bury him with his rug and some other items in the wilderness where he belonged. Now his remains are at the garbage dump and he had not been garbage I love him more than life itself. It won't allow me to upload his Photo.
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Senior Contributor

It is never easy to let go of our beloved furbabies, but perhaps your lack of closure comes from the fact you could not bury him. Why not take his favourite blanket, a favourite toy and a special picture and bury that in the wilderness where you would have wanted Zorba to be. His spirit will know that is a spot for him. RIP Zorba
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM

I agree with DD, not having much of a closure could be the reason why it has been harder, also 4 months isn't really that much time. I think with beloved pets as much as with humans, the first year is the hardest.

Having lost a few pets in my life, I can say it doesn't get easier either, but a bit more bearable with time. We all grief in a different way and times, don't be hard on your self and let your emotions flow as the come.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin12 View Post
Why is it so hard to let go of the passing of Zorba. In 4 days it is 4 months. I have video's of him and photographs but yet the tears do not stop. I miss him extremely. I had him when he was only 5 weeks old. His health had been deteriating. I am Jewish and we are not allowed to be cremated, this happened during winter. I could not keep his body in my yard I would have to be insane. I tried, begged, and prayed but in the end cremation. I wanted to bury him with his rug and some other items in the wilderness where he belonged. Now his remains are at the garbage dump and he had not been garbage I love him more than life itself. It won't allow me to upload his Photo.
I am Jewish too and I had my last dog cremated and I going to be cremated too and want our ashes mixed together and taken to my dog favorite park. I had people come up to when I was out with my last dog , who was my hearing dog and they would tell me about a Poodle they as child and that they still miss their years later. Our pets have a way of leaving their paw prints on our hearts forever. I am sorry for the lost of pet.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:17 AM
banned user

Thanks

I am going to print one of Zorba's Photo and bury it with two other items that I intended to use. I hope this helps