Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old October 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Unhappy * *** Grooming - WARNING! DO NOT USE THEM

Hi to all loving pet owners,

I am a proud owner of a beautiful Border Collie. I brought her to * *** Grooming in Brampton, ON. My dog’s coat was BUTCHERED at this so-call grooming facility. It looks like she was cut with a weedwacker. Her nails were cut too deep prior and she bleed. I addressed my disappointment with the owner as any loving pet owner would. She said they would fix it. When I brought my dog in, I was met with defensive attitude instead of an apology. The groomer and owner were blaming my dog for moving and saying that no one is perfect . I wasn’t asking for perfection but merely that my dog be groomed professionally. I don’t think that is asking for too much considering they claim to be in the grooming business. When I reminded them I was the customer and should be treated like one, one of staff said and I quote, “I don’t f__king care that you are the customer.” The owners were standing there as I was being verbally abused by the staff and they neither stopped nor apologized for the despicable behavior. The overall attitude is that they are doing me a favor. Me, the customer, who PAYS them to provide the service. In today’s world, where customer service is key in every industry, have you ever encountered something so heinous? In such a HOSTILE environment, I hate to think how all the dogs are being handled when the pet owners are not around. My dog was DYING of thirst and drank more than she ever did as soon as I brought her home from this place which tells me she was neglected. They claim to look after our pets for the entire day they are there, it is obvious that is not the case. I am writing this to warn others so they don’t spend their hard earn money only to be abused as a customer and have their dog(s) mutiliated by these people.

Last edited by Capt. Jack; October 12th, 2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Removed name of business for legal reasons.
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM

While we appreciate your warning of a business that is not up to par and mistreats our pets, it can be considered slanderous and we would prefer to avoid that particular legal battle.
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM

so sorry you had such a terrible grooming experience... hopefully you didn't pay for their services and since you are unhappy, they agreed to no charge.

It has taken me a long time to find a groomer who does what I want done to my dog, but I think I finally found the right one.

I know it isn't any consulation, but the fur will grow back, thankfully there is no permanent physical injury. Maybe you could check with other Border Collie owners to see if they can recommend a good groomer??

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Contributor

That is just terrible! Could you call the humane society so they could investigate this place? Especially if they aren't giving the dogs water. Call the better business bureau too?

Maybe ask your vet if they know of a good groomer. I know that our vet cuts our animals nails.

When we take our dog in to be bathed and groomed we don't leave her. We stay until she is finished, so we know how she is being treated.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:01 PM

I'm with BusterBoo on this one. I think talking to some other owners and finding out who they are happy with might be a good start. I'm sorry things went so bad for you. Lets hope further experiences prove to be a lot better for you and your beloved pet.l
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. I will definitely be looking for other professional groomers who actually grooms and take care of our dogs. I did report it to the Better Business Bureau. I just wanted to tell as many pet owners as possible so it doesn't happen to them. No one should be treated in this manner and have their dog neglected under their supposed care.