Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I petted Jupiter!!

On the head! And managed to get a few strokes in too. And....... I have a witness!! krdahmer was here and witnessed (I hope) the head pat or stroking.
Seems he is now very food driven instead of being driven by other things . When he is hungry I can sneak in a pet or two. I guess there is hope yet!!
Name:  100_6509.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  69.6 KB
Kylee was making friends with Snoopy.
Name:  100_6514.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  62.8 KB
And trying to get a pic of Benni's face.
Name:  100_6516.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  71.1 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG , congratulations!!!!!! Of course, being the kitty whisperer, it was only a matter of time before he warmed up to you .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My sweet Meowzer who gets to visit the vets on Thurs. I'm still trying to find out why he is losing weight. :sad:
Name:  100_6510.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  64.5 KB
And Orbit. My gentle sunshine. Love the way he snuggles.
Name:  100_6515.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  77.2 KB
Name:  100_6518.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  52.2 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

YAAAAY congrats 14+, he knows a good woman when he see's one.
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Super! Now that's progress.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
OMG , congratulations!!!!!! Of course, being the kitty whisperer, it was only a matter of time before he warmed up to you .
Thank you!! Was actually surprised when I brought my hand back that it was still attached. I wonder if it's because he has seen me pick up my other ones so much and they survived? I wish I could read his mind.
One other thing...... kr brought treats. He seemed to recognize the bag. Very strange. So maybe once long ago he belonged to someone.

Old October 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks aslan and SCM! I am still excited about it!!! Never thought I would be able to do that. I figured he would live out his life not knowing the good touch of a human. :sad:

Old October 13th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Thank you!! Was actually surprised when I brought my hand back that it was still attached. I wonder if it's because he has seen me pick up my other ones so much and they survived? I wish I could read his mind.
One other thing...... kr brought treats. He seemed to recognize the bag. Very strange. So maybe once long ago he belonged to someone.
That could be. A complete feral would not know treats come from a bag. I wonder if he was an abused kitty and needed to come to trust you first?

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
150% PRO S/N

Or he just remembered that I take good treats out of a bigger bag. Never thought of that. I get them a dried food treat once a week. Seeing as I just gave it to them the other day maybe that's it.
I guess we will never know.
I think being snipped has made a huge difference in his personality. He is now spending most of his time with the others on the ground instead of on the roof by himself. His favourite place to sit is either by the gate waiting for Ace to come over or on one of the skids that is in there relaxing. Ace and he paw at each other through the gate. It's kinda cute.

Old October 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Senior Contributor

for precious meowzer.

If anyone was gonna make Jupiter warm up to them, it was gonna be u 14+!

Orbit reminds me of Onnie..such a snugglebum

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM
You can call me DOG!

Congratulations 14+ on the pets! Sounds like Jupiter is fitting in quite nicely.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:39 PM
-

Of course you could do it ! he'll be eating in the palm of your hand in no time !!!

omg I love the picture of Orbit
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
~Cat Servent~

I did see it!!! Of course I got hissed at by Jupiter, but I don't take it personal... he was eying me up when I had out the treat bag though! And if you ever need to kick them out.... Greyson and his housemates are welcome here!!!! (make it a nice round 10 here!)

Oh oh oh and I picked up Minimo!!! AND I got to PET Meowzer!!!!

And how I just love Sam!!! I want more Sam pictures!!!! She is my little chubby sweetheart!!!! Keesha and her full body wiggle are just adorable!

Loved being able to visit mf!!! And man do you have a LOT of work there, which you make look easy!!!

(19th, 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Doggie Wench

Great job 14+ .

All my for Meowzer's vet visit .
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Congratulations! Thanks for having the patience and the kind heart to take care of them all.

Caesar (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - 7 yrs
Sable (Egyptan Mau/DSH X) - 6 yrs
Fluffy (Domestic Long Hair) - 4 yrs
Kali (Calico DSH) - 2 yrs?
Pandora (White Shepherd) - 2 yrs
Loki (Caucasian Ovcharka) - 7 mths
Angelique (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - November 7, 2002 to May 2008

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made." -M. Acklam
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I think being snipped has made a huge difference in his personality. He is now spending most of his time with the others on the ground instead of on the roof by himself. His favourite place to sit is either by the gate waiting for Ace to come over or on one of the skids that is in there relaxing. Ace and he paw at each other through the gate. It's kinda cute.
Oh, that is wonderful!!!! He is really starting to feeling at home now!
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
I did see it!!! Of course I got hissed at by Jupiter, but I don't take it personal... he was eying me up when I had out the treat bag though! And if you ever need to kick them out.... Greyson and his housemates are welcome here!!!! (make it a nice round 10 here!)

Oh oh oh and I picked up Minimo!!! AND I got to PET Meowzer!!!!

And how I just love Sam!!! I want more Sam pictures!!!! She is my little chubby sweetheart!!!! Keesha and her full body wiggle are just adorable!

Loved being able to visit mf!!! And man do you have a LOT of work there, which you make look easy!!!

(19th, 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th)

I could see hubby coming home from work to 10 kitties in the house. D I V O R C E !! But Greyson and gang are the sweetest things. Ahhhhh, they all are!!!
You did pick up MM and petted Meowzer. He surprised me more than MM. Normally he isn't too close to strangers.
Sammy...... is shooting some smells tonight!!! If she is still doing that when daddy gets up she is out the door!! Wicked!
I really enjoyed seeing you too mf! I do have a little work but I don't mind. Let's me spend time with my babies.
Thanks!! We'll arrange something I'm sure!

Old October 13th, 2009, 10:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone. I'm still really happy about Jup starting to come around. Hopefully he will continue the trend.
And thanks so much for the for Meowzer. I truly hope they can find out what is going on with him.

Old October 14th, 2009, 02:55 AM

WTG on petting Jupiter on the head

Quote:
Kylee was making friends with Snoopy.
Awww so cute

Is Benni reacting at all to Kylee/any others coming close to Snoopy from the other side of the fencing?

Quote:
My sweet Meowzer who gets to visit the vets on Thurs. I'm still trying to find out why he is losing weight. :sad:

And Orbit. My gentle sunshine. Love the way he snuggles.
for Meowzer's vet visit

Love the head tilt

Quote:
His favourite place to sit is either by the gate waiting for Ace to come over or on one of the skids that is in there relaxing. Ace and he paw at each other through the gate. It's kinda cute.
You think Ace might want in the Catuary?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

I knew he'd let you pet him soon. He knows you're taking care of him.

I hope Meowzer is okay.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
WTG on petting Jupiter on the head

Did even better today. He was chirping at me while I was scritching the top of his head.

Is Benni reacting at all to Kylee/any others coming close to Snoopy from the other side of the fencing?

Snoop doesn't have to be close to the fence. It's just any kitty that comes close. She seems to hate them all!! I think she just barely tolerates her own son!!

for Meowzer's vet visit

I had his files faxed from the other vets to her office this morning. I hope they can figure out something.

Love the head tilt

Me too.

You think Ace might want in the Catuary?
I had a strong board leaning on the fence for a week so that if Ace wanted to climb inside he could. He's a big boy so I wouldn't expect him to climb the fence. He didn't show any interest. I think if Ajax went in then he would follow pretty quickly. I'm still hoping.

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Congratulations on the progress with Jupiter!! I never would have believed he'd come around that quickly if I hadn't had evidence of the Kitty Whisperer's talents before this.

for the vet visit tomorrow! the vet can get Meowzer back on the right track!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww little Orbit and Jupiter,great you got to pet Jupiter,I am sure he belonged to someone at one time and now he's ended up in a wonderful place.
Glad to hear Ace and Ajax are still hanging around,I think they have no desire to take off on their own again,smart kitties
I hope you find out what's wrong with beautiful Meowzer,hope nothing serious
Is Greyson one of the new grey kitties,it's kind of obvious with the namebut I had not heard that name before.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:36 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Aww little Orbit and Jupiter,great you got to pet Jupiter,I am sure he belonged to someone at one time and now he's ended up in a wonderful place.
Glad to hear Ace and Ajax are still hanging around,I think they have no desire to take off on their own again,smart kitties
I hope you find out what's wrong with beautiful Meowzer,hope nothing serious
Is Greyson one of the new grey kitties,it's kind of obvious with the namebut I had not heard that name before.
Greyson is indeed one of the fosters. He is the bigger male. There is Zara, Kearn and Calysta as well.
I too hope they can find something wrong with my boy. He seems to be maintaining his weight the last little while but he is still way too skinny. :sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Congratulations on the progress with Jupiter!! I never would have believed he'd come around that quickly if I hadn't had evidence of the Kitty Whisperer's talents before this.

for the vet visit tomorrow! the vet can get Meowzer back on the right track!

Thanks!! I think he is enjoying the extra positive attention now. He gets scritches every time I go in. Of course he has to hiss at me first.
Thanks for the good vibes. I have my fingers crossed.

Old October 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sending some for Meowzer.

I think Jupiter will continue to warm up to you This is the beginning. All kitties love to be loved, some just take longer to realize it .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old October 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Snoop doesn't have to be close to the fence. It's just any kitty that comes close. She seems to hate them all!! I think she just barely tolerates her own son!!
Well it's good that she's not just over-protective of Snoop then, you might be able to let him out with the others (if there's no takers for adoption) and not have her react any stronger than she does now.

So Ace has been hanging around the fence, has Ajax been spotted that close to it too?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Way to go 14+. I hope it goes well with Meowzer's vet trip. Keep us posted. Good boy Jupiter - feel the love.
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Well it's good that she's not just over-protective of Snoop then, you might be able to let him out with the others (if there's no takers for adoption) and not have her react any stronger than she does now.

So Ace has been hanging around the fence, has Ajax been spotted that close to it too?
I am planning on letting Snoopy out with the others but want to wait till the spring. I am afraid if I let him out now he would not find a snuggle buddy for the winter and would suffer badly for it. Once the weather warms he can join the others. I would imagine he will still be here in the spring. He is a pretty wild little boy. Not many people want a kitty that jumps on their back and uses it for a climbing post to get to their hanging toy. But we shall see. Right now he is safe with mom. They snuggle together in their little home on cold nights.
Ajax is never far away from where Ace is. Normally he is in my larger greenhouse. The side is up a little so they can come and go. It isn't heated but it does give them shelter from the wind. I am planning on building a little shelter in there for them. Stormy uses my small one for the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Way to go 14+. I hope it goes well with Meowzer's vet trip. Keep us posted. Good boy Jupiter - feel the love.
We have progressed. He now is rubbing against my legs to get his pets and scritches. Normally one of the very first to get to me in the morning. I actually picked him up very gingerly today to see if I could get him into the house. He didn't mind until we got close to it. Then he started hissing and growling. I took the hint. Seems like his biggest hisses are saved for Sammy when she comes too close to the fence.

Meowzer has gained 1. 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy about that!!!! We are still doing some tests to make sure he is healthy. They did FeLuk today, which my other vet was supposed to but obviously didn't. Funny, I got charged for it. So right now it's getting urine tested and some bloodwork. We will see what shows up from that, if anything, and go from there.
He lived up to his name. Even the new vet asked if that is how he got it.

There was the most beautiful tortie kitty in the vets office up for adoption......

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 15th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

You don't have a tortie do you. I'm glad he's gained weight. Especially going into winter. My outdoor kitties have had terrific appetites in this colder weather. They got spoiled tonight and got natures variety instinct rabbit and duck. Wiped it out in no time.

clm
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
You don't have a tortie do you. I'm glad he's gained weight. Especially going into winter. My outdoor kitties have had terrific appetites in this colder weather. They got spoiled tonight and got natures variety instinct rabbit and duck. Wiped it out in no time.

clm
Actually, I have been told on good authority that MiniMo is a dilute tortie. Her colours are coming out a lot more. She has some very nice oranges coming out on her back. The one in the office was marked like Duffy. Simply beautiful!! She will hopefully find a furever home. I am filled to the brim. May have to get another job soon.