Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Wild looking beauties!!

There are three of these kitties, all siblings about 4 months old. They look to be Angora/Tabby and they are stunning!! They have a wild look and tufty ears and are totally sweet and adorable!

Can't you just see these lovely babies decorating YOUR house??
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2005, 12:20 AM

Gorgeous - but they look like Maine Coons to me.
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Kitty Consort

I agree - they appear more to be similiar to the fabulous Maine Coons.
With their promiment and tufted ears - possibly even Norwegian Forest Cat.
Whatever mix, Lucky,they are just gorgeous!
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Sure I could,in a heartbeat!!They are beautifuuul!
They look a little slender to be Maine Coon or N.Forest cats,probably a mix.
I am hoping someone takes all three together,I would,without hesitation...but then there is Rocky,Chico and Vinnie..
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

I think I lean more to the Norwegian Forest Cat unless they are Maine Coons who somehow have a bit of Abyssinian. I agree they are too slim to be Maine Coons. Many purebreds can have tabby points. They are beautiful whatever breed they are!! Gorgeous!!
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Ravishing. I don't know the Norwegian Forest breed, but they almost have a touch of wild cat about them, especially the one on the right. I agree, don't see much Maine Coone except for the tail and parts of the colouring.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Whatever they are, they are long and sleek and have huge plumy tails. Simply lovely.

Here's the 3rd.
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2005, 09:45 PM

Here's a description of the Maine Coon breed taken from a Maine Coon breeder website:

The Maine Coon is one of the largest domestic breeds. They are tall, muscular, and big-boned; males commonly reach 13 to 18 pounds, and females normally weigh about 9 to 12 pounds. Add to that two or three inches of winter coat, and people will swear that they're looking at one big cat.

Maine Coons develop slowly, and don't achieve their full size until they are three or four years old. Their dispositions remain kittenish throughout their lives; they are big, gentle, good-natured goofs – the gentle giants of the cat world. Even their voices set them apart from other cats; they have a distinctive, chirping trill, which they use for everything from courting to cajoling their people into playing with them. Maine Coons love to play, and many will joyfully retrieve small items. They rarely meow, and when they do, that soft, high-pitched voice doesn't fit their size!

The important features of the Maine Coon are the head and body shape, and the texture and "shag" of the coat. The head is slightly longer than it is wide, presenting a gently concave profile with high cheekbones and ears that are large, wide at the base, moderately pointed, and well tufted inside. They are set well up on the head, approximately an ear's width apart. Lynx-like tufting on the top of the ears is desirable. The neck should be medium-long, the torso long, and the chest broad. The tail should be at least as long as the torso. One of their most distinctive features is their eyes, which are large, round, expressive, and set at a slightly oblique angle. Overall, the Maine Coon should present the appearance of a well balanced, strongly built, rectangular cat.

Throughout their history there has been no restriction on the patterns and colors acceptable, with the exception of the pointed Siamese pattern. As a result, a wide range of colors and patterns are bred. Eye colors for all coat colors range through green, gold, and hazel (green-gold). Blue eyes and odd eyes (one blue eye and one gold, green, or hazel eye) are also permissible in white cats

Many people consider Maine Coons the perfect domestic pets, with their clown-like personalities.
Old November 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,please keep us posted about these beauties,not that there is anything I can do:sad: are they in fostercare??
I would love to read that someone adopted all three together
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM

I'd say there is a wildcat mix or Persian blood

Wow! Those ears are huge for their face. I don't know of a domestic breed that has ears with that large of proportion to face. The eyes look Persian to me. Years ago, I had a White Persian I crossed with a Bengal female. The kittens were gorgeous. All were shorthaired, with the chisselled face of the bengel, though the big copper eyes on all came from the Persian. The eyes on these wildcat kittens remind me strongly of Persian eyes, which are bigger proportionately to their face than other cats.
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:19 PM

I think you're right about the Persian content, Angelboys. We have a semi-feral cat who could be the twin of cat #3. Same eyes, same hair colour and pattern, semi-long hair, large plumed tail. People who rescued her and her littermates said the mother looked like a Persian.
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

To me they look more like the Norwegian Forest, because I believe the snouts of a Maine Coon are more square than NF. Persian eyes are more rounded, where as these eyes look almost almond shape like the the NF or MC. Also, can any cat with a Persian background possibly grow ears like these to ? I think the military will be able to use these as spy cats by using those ears as antennas He He.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:08 PM

LOL Love, one of my cats looked like a bat in her first pictures. I imagine these must have looked the same when they were small.
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Gorgeous cats, but their fur is not long enough for a Maine Coon. We have a Maine Coon. Ears look like Maine Coon and the tail looks Maine Coon, but the rest of them looks like short hair tabby. Their muzzle is not square enough for a Maine Coon They are a beautiful mix of possibly Maine Coon and Tabby. Gorgeous.
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I could see these guys fitting in very well here too. Unfortunately........ that scream you all hear??? That's hubby yelling "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

I hope they find a home together very soon. It would be a shame to separate them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I hope they find a home together very soon.
I sure hope so ... this thread is from 2005
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Figures! I usually check the date on postings. I didn't on this one. DUH! That's what I get for being in a rush and sneaking on here. Thanks Frenchy for pointing it out.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!