Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM

Cat's Eyes

I have 2 cats. 1 is about 3yrs old and 1 is about 1yr and a half. The younger one Loki recently got sick for about a day, he was throwing up and other than that fine. About 2 days later I noticed he had a small red spot (similar looking to blood) inside the bottom right hand side of his left eye. I just figured that the two cats must have gotten a little ruff while they were playing, but a few days later the spot had started migrating upwards on his eye and breaking off into spots so that it looked like he had about 6-8 bloodspots in one eye. (they also kinda turned a little brownish) About 2 days after that I noticed that eye started getting cloudy and I saw a 1 red spot in his other eye, so I took him to the vet who checked him out he had a slight temp, but it's summer (the vet said). He did some thing with a black light and some dye to see if he had cuts on his eye but there were none and said he didnt know what it was. He gave us some antibiotic for him to take oraly and eyedrops that irritate his eyes really bad and looks like gel. After about a week of this torture for him he hides now, he doesnt seem to be in pain other than the gooy eye stuff I have to give him 2 times a day. It is not hard to get him to cuddle or purr or anything but i feel like the devil when I have to put that stuff in his eyes and it doesnt seem to be getting any better. I have scoured the internet looking for what it could possibly be but nothing has pictures and nothing described either makes sence or applys. So please help my little kitty. I dont know what else to do.

The other cat is fine still mean as ever but, not sick no eye discharge.

Also I have been having to treat both for fleas recently but that was after the first vet visit.