Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Exclamation kitten's skin has gotten pussy/sort of bleeding

when i first found mya outside, i assume abandoned, she had terrible fleas. she was at best guess about 8 weeks old. i treated her with advantage which worked really well for the fleas. i have intentions of adopting her out when she was all healthy and rid of fleas (i can't have pets in my apartment) but recently the fleas had started to come back, and she was due, so i gave her another dose of the advantage. the fleas seem to be gone, but the problem is that now to the lower right side (i guess about her right shoulderblade area) she started to bleed on the skin. like her skin started to get pussy and kind of bleeding. i can't really afford to take her to the vet right now, so i'm hoping to find out if it's something serious, or if it may be due to the fleas.

Last edited by quixotic; June 18th, 2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM

skin problem

It might be mange and would need to be treated by a vet
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
~Cat Servent~

Contact a rescue group... they can help get her healthy and adopt her out.

Good luck to kitty!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Contributor

It could be mange but really, your cat needs to see a vet. Perhaps you can find one who will take payments or make some arrangement?

I am not sure about the rescue group idea- they are inundated with cats and the kitten season right now and if this is your cat, they may not take her and you will have to call the "pound" which given her problem will not give her much hope. Some pounds euthenize cats they cannot find adopters for or who they deem unadaptable after just 72 hours! It all depends on where you live.

Nothing OTC is a good idea- it could do more harm than good. Is there a vet school nearby? They might have a clinic that helps people in need. There is also a group called Imom that helps people in financial need with vet bills - you do have to provide much info and report often to them- but they have helped many animals!!!! ( http://www.imom.org )

Good luck!!