Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awesome! I didnt get through all the reading but was pretty sure thats what he said! Abe I hope youll stick around and learn froma nd enjoy the site!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM

hey everyonne, once again, im very much appreciative of your warm-heartedness.

anyhow. im sorry for being unclear. but i will copy paste to you what animal friends said to me when they replied to my email:

"We are still rebuilding after a devastating fire and are unable to acceptany animals at this time.

Ayeshah"

they didnt reply to my question on whether or not i can volunteer at the shelter or the rebuilding.

so, yeah....

BUT,

i convinced my mom to let her stay in the courtyard.
she was reluctant but all it took was a simple "you and i both know if you be patient and keep her here and help her out, god will help you out in another way.....right?"
moma: *nods*

lol

before i let her go or anything, im gonna spay vaccinate her ofcourse. i think vaccinating her is best for now, and deworming her, THEN spaying her when shes older.

two reasons:

money

well actually, thats it lol. but i think priority wise, vaccinating her and deworming her come first.

forgive me for being unclear at times. my mind kinda goes too fast for when i type, and i find myself sounding like i've been in canada for one year (meaning you cant get past my accent.)
theres some stuff that make me wonder how i came to write it lol.

anyhow, im just gonna have to wait till tomorrow or so to take her back.

but i am very envious of my friend, he said as soon as he got under the covers, she jumped into the covers too and slept on his chest and purred a lot.

how come she didnt do that with me?
i understand cats are pickey, but i hate it when that happends lol.
i mean its pouncing on my face all the time when i sleep, and it just goes and sleeps with him right away.

ah well, im just being a crybaby lol.

but i do think, that all that happened because she got used to it with me, sleeping behind me on my bed while im on my pc made sleeping next to his laptop and watching him type while hes on it comforting for her. stuff like that.

i warned him to put a litter box quick or else it'll use the washroom on someplace she finds comfrotable, like his clothes, carpet, or even bed.

guess what? she peed on his bed LOL.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Abe i have been following your thread from the start even tho until now i haven't posted. I really do hope that you stick around, not only to learn what you can but to teach some of us a thing or two. On this forum you really do have access to some of the best kittie people there is, but like everyone else they had to learn it first. The way i look at it, Kiko and Sew sew are a little better off than they were before you stepped in to help and continue to help. With limited knowledge and finances you stepped up to help them in their time of need, alot of people wouldn't have.

Read all the info the members have to give you,,take what you can use and throw the rest away. Being in a different country with things we're used to having here being unavailable to you makes it abit of a challenge i'm sure. As for being different from us,pffft. We have members from many different countries and cultures here, sometimes it takes abit for us to get what the person is saying but please don't think we're judging you.
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Abe i have been following your thread from the start even tho until now i haven't posted. I really do hope that you stick around, not only to learn what you can but to teach some of us a thing or two. On this forum you really do have access to some of the best kittie people there is, but like everyone else they had to learn it first. The way i look at it, Kiko and Sew sew are a little better off than they were before you stepped in to help and continue to help. With limited knowledge and finances you stepped up to help them in their time of need, alot of people wouldn't have.

Read all the info the members have to give you,,take what you can use and throw the rest away. Being in a different country with things we're used to having here being unavailable to you makes it abit of a challenge i'm sure. As for being different from us,pffft. We have members from many different countries and cultures here, sometimes it takes abit for us to get what the person is saying but please don't think we're judging you.
i never really inteded on leaving, i did before when i had that small confrontaion on another thread. all thats changed now, i wasnt exposed to such warm hearted people the way i was in my previous threads. you guys are really somethin!

even if i dont have anymore animals, its a really privledge(sp.?) to communicate with people that have so much knowledge on animals. i watch animal planets SPCA shows, and other things like that. i enjoy learning about dogs and cats a lot, aswell as other exotic animals.
nothing gets me more than learning neat tricks about cats and dogs that you dont get from "Reading between the lines" or reading medical books. im a big fan of animal behaviour, and tricks you learn from much experience.

i learned a lot of that with you guys, no way ill leave.

PS: if i end up giving up kiko, ill most likely be back for rottweilers because i know a man who's going to live near my area that wants a rottweiler. perfect way for me to enjoy my time witha dog and learn more about dogs!
just hope he goes through with it
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:17 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I too have been following your thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew-sew-steve View Post
i learned a lot of that with you guys, no way ill leave.
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Catlover2

Hi Abe, you're getting Kiko back!.......gr8! I'm glad to hear your mom agreed with that. Woohoo! Thanks for your comments a few posts back, I felt that I had expressed exasperation with you a few times and the way I said things wasn't as gentle as I could be, so I hope you'll forgive me for that.....I guess I'm from the "Dr. Phil" school---I tell it like it is.

Don't feel "envious" that Kiko slept on your friend right away. Young kitties don't have much loyalty. Kitties if well socialized to trust people (and you taught her well!) will transfer their affection quickly to a new owner. Think of it as a compliment to your training and handling. Kiko was on her best behaviour, being nice nice to him as she wasn't absolutely sure how he would react with her, but I'm sure in a few days she would probably be jumping on his face too while he's sleeping, as I think she's a very bouncy rambunctious kitty now until she grows out of her "wild" stage.

Give your mom and Kiko a big hug from me. So happy you'll be getting her back.

Sorry to hear about your hot hot weather....Toronto area is coolish with rain forecast.
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Senior Contributor

I am happy you are able to get Kiko back,made my morning,hopefully it will work out both for Kiko and your mom
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:48 AM

thanks chico! but remember, its temporary, im gonna vaccinate her, spay her, then look for an shelter for her. i cant keep her forever :/ i dont want to keep her stranded with me either, i want to do all the above quickly and let her be as much as she can at a shelter with other cats hopefully. or witha friend who likes cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
I too have been following your thread
lol im getting the notion that a few people are

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover2 View Post
Hi Abe, you're getting Kiko back!.......gr8! I'm glad to hear your mom agreed with that. Woohoo! Thanks for your comments a few posts back, I felt that I had expressed exasperation with you a few times and the way I said things wasn't as gentle as I could be, so I hope you'll forgive me for that.....I guess I'm from the "Dr. Phil" school---I tell it like it is.

yes i noticed it to but quickly over-looked it

Don't feel "envious" that Kiko slept on your friend right away. Young kitties don't have much loyalty. Kitties if well socialized to trust people (and you taught her well!) will transfer their affection quickly to a new owner. Think of it as a compliment to your training and handling. Kiko was on her best behaviour, being nice nice to him as she wasn't absolutely sure how he would react with her, but I'm sure in a few days she would probably be jumping on his face too while he's sleeping, as I think she's a very bouncy rambunctious kitty now until she grows out of her "wild" stage.

thats awsome, that means i've been doing a good job! but the funny thing is, she has her... well... "transformation" stage, where she goes froma cuddly nice kittie to what you could call "Destructo" lol. she goes really crazy and fiesty. many times my friend on the phone with me goes "man shes goin off again" haha

Give your mom and Kiko a big hug from me. So happy you'll be getting her back.

no problem. the funny thing is, my mom's been in my room too many times even after expressing that she doesnt want the cat around lol, which makes no sense to me. she says when she goes into my room the cat just watches.

Sorry to hear about your hot hot weather....Toronto area is coolish with rain forecast.
yeah, even with full blast the airconditioner isnt helpful. but then again, i drive peaugeot(sp.?) which isnt as strong as most cars. not my car either. but im grateful for what i have.

Update

turns out, my friends mom aggreed to him keeping the cat, but he had to keep it in his room and take care for it himself.

anyhow, this is good, i mean its in good hands now. i only gave it to him after her promised to spay/neuter, vaccinate, and deworm her.

so yeah, this is great, though i really do wish i could keep her. im still attached, even though (like catlover said) she's basically switched over to him.

all's left now is to look forward to that rottweiler

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; June 12th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Mickey, my angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew-sew-steve View Post
turns out, my friends mom aggreed to him keeping the cat, but he had to keep it in his room and take care for it himself.

anyhow, this is good, i mean its in good hands now. i only gave it to him after her promised to spay/neuter, vaccinate, and deworm her.

so yeah, this is great, though i really do wish i could keep her. im still attached, even though (like catlover said) she's basically switched over to him.

all's left now is to look forward to that rottweiler
Abe, that is wonderful that your friend is able to keep her after all, since your taking her back would only have been a temporary situation and you would have been faced with the prospect of giving her up a second time. It is only because you did such a good job of socializing her to human contact that she was able to so easily put her trust in another human being, so please don't view that as in any way a rejection of you. Because he is a close friend you will be able to still see Kiko from time to time and also ensure that your friend remembers to keep his agreement to spay, vaccinate, and deworm her on a timely basis.

It is great that your neighbour will be getting a dog. This will be a wonderful experience for you. I know you would like to have your own dog in the future when your circumstances allow it so this is also a great opportunity for you to become better acquainted with dogs and will help prepare you for the time that you will be able to have a dog of your own. Please keep us updated.

Colleen
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009

Last edited by mikischo; June 12th, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikischo View Post
Abe, that is wonderful that your friend is able to keep her after all, since your taking her back would only have been a temporary situation and you would have been faced with the prospect of giving her up a second time. It is only because you did such a good job of socializing her to human contact that she was able to so easily put her trust in another human being, so please don't view that as in any way a rejection of you. Because he is a close friend you will be able to still see Kiko from time to time and also ensure that your friend remembers to keep his agreement to spay, vaccinate, and deworm her on a timely basis.

It is great that your neighbour will be getting a dog. This will be a wonderful experience for you. I know you would like to have your own dog in the future when your circumstances allow it so this is also a great opportunity for you to become better acquainted with dogs and will help prepare you for the time that you will be able to have a dog of your own. Please keep us updated.

Colleen
it really will, im exceedingly looking forward to it.

thanks a lot Colleen, you (and everyone else) have been wonderful!
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:29 AM

hey everyone.

i got a call from my friend yesterday.

kiko is dead.

he found out that letting her outside (supervised) is something she enjoys. she comes back later on, and he takes her upstairs and she does her thing in the litter box, eats, and cuddle with him when he sleeps. perfect cat right?

well. about a week ago, his cousin was out with him, and he was talking to him, his cat went around the corner and he heard cat screams, more than one...

he said he rushed over, and he found kiko on the ground, not able to even get up, she was lying down.

he said he tried to get it to get up, and it couldnt., said it was dying.

he pushed (gently im guessing) on its abdomen and he said it stiffened.

anyhow, he took it back upstairs and said he checked it out (still alive btw).

he said there was no bite marks or anything like that. i asked if he checked its genetalia but he didnt. so i dont know if she got raped to death or somethin, it can happen.

i've heard of a donkey killing a another male young donkey by mounting it until its organs came out.

there was a video that was floating around the web awhile back about a man who had sex with a fully grown horse who supposedly died the next day.

anyhow, he said he couldnt handle it (emotionally) while it was dying, so he took it outside and wait for it to pass.

said "its eyes turned pitch black"

ugh... this is horrible.

whats the diagnosis?
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Abe I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope little kiko didnt suffer too much! She is now runnig free of pain at the Rainboiw Bridge waiting for those she loved. Please take some comfort in knowing you did what you could for her. Its a hard life for cats on the streets and some survive others sadly dont. I guess now you know the kinds of things animals have to go through now and I am sure it will make you stronger.

Please take the time to grieve for Kiko and perhaps you can use her and the time you had her in your life and try to make a difference in your country in memory of Kiko! We are here for you!

RIP sweet one!
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown

Last edited by Winston; June 18th, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Abe,I hope I don't upset you,but I get angry and very sad,little Kiko did not have a chance at life
I suppose there are thousands like her out there,but Kiko for a very short time,experienced a good life with you and now she's dead,so very sad..
little angel Kiko
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Mickey, my angel

Abe, I'm so very sorry to hear about little Kiko. There is no way of knowing what caused Kiko's death unless she had been examined by a veterinarian and sometimes even then it can be difficult. Whatever happened, you had no control over the situation as you weren't there. You say your friend didn't see what happened and didn't see any marks on her.

It is so sad that little Kiko had such a short life. There is nothing that can be done about it now. I know you loved her and you gave her a good life during the time you had her with you. Whatever happened, she is now free of pain.

sweet little Kiko
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Catlover2

OMG! I'm sooo sorry to hear of your news....How very heartbreaking for you, Abe. Having a hard time typing this as tears are running down my cheeks for you and Kiko. Don't blame yourself for giving her up to your friend, it was what you had to do at the time, and it's just one of those very unfortunate things that happen. Who knows what really happened to Kiko? No one, unless someone actually saw what happened to her, so guessing is of no use. At least she didn't suffer too long and went quickly. I'm sure Kiko will be forever in your heart. sweet Kiko.
I do believe that a love is never lost and that you will some day be able to be with Kiko again. Take care, my friend.

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be; unless my cats are there to welcome me." ~ Unknown
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM

thanks for the support guys.

it really was short-lived.
it was nice while it lasted though.

im aware though, that it was little kiko's time. these things happen more often with animals then humans.
its heartbreaking, but its just the way it is.
though its kind of a releif i didnt have to experience it, im still unable to accept that shes even dead. still feels like shes alive.
im basically numb.

he did burry her, which is something i think was proper.

anyhow, thank you all once again,
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

ABE,I would not say it was Kikos time,she was just a baby,circumstances made it that she did not survive and maybe she's better off at the Rainbow Bridge
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Kitty pimp

im sorry to hear about this remember her with joy
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
ABE,I would not say it was Kikos time,she was just a baby,circumstances made it that she did not survive and maybe she's better off at the Rainbow Bridge
i understand where you're comming from. but i do believe it was her time.

though we both know she'll be going to heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
im sorry to hear about this remember her with joy
thanks.