Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 30th, 2010, 11:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Wait till they start using you for a ladder!
And they have all those extra claws to help them reach new heights!

They are truly adorable, though!!! Mom seems to get more beautiful every time I see her, too.

How is Aztec adjusting?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:40 AM

So cute

Love the "aw Mommy not another bath" pic #5 the kittens'll start getting more & more squirmy at bath time

Don't suppose your camera has video function eh? a little video of some kitten drunken frolicking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Very subtle, growler!
Sometimes I can be , sometimes it's better to be more direct - like beating someone over the head with it it got us pics didn't it

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:12 AM

Those precious blue eyes!

So happy to see more pics. How do you make it out of the room.
Such sweetness!!

I'll agree on the video, that would be wonderful!

I've got the biggest smile on my face. Thanks for continuing
to share.
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh they are soooooo adorable!! I love the 3rd pic of the little orange one and mom...looks like he's talking back to her!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG SCM,They are just amazing,thank's for the cuteness overload,now I am ready to start the day

When I got my Peppi,(from a pet-shop,did not know any better in those days,at least 25yrs ago)his white siblings had 6 toes.
I was recommended to get Peppi who had regular toes,was told the others might have trouble in later life and I believed him
Now I know different.
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Senior Contributor

They are absolutely heavenMom is very beautiful
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I think I am going to have to report those pics to the mods , they are making my heart explode with all that cuteness

Doing an excellent job, SCM

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:28 PM

So cute, almost too hard to take.

If I thought my old cat would accept a young one, I sure would ask for one,
Since I have a tortie, the torbie would be my request.

Oh well, will have to wait a while, then will go to the SPCA and get a bonded pair.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I have raised both kitties and puppies, and enjoyed watching them grow.

take care
binky
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
How is Aztec adjusting?
So far so good! I MacGyver'd a sort of baby-gate with some Home Depot shelving so that I could leave the door open to get more airflow in the kitten room, plus check on them more easily. The lower part is covered with semi-transparent material so the cats only see a hint of each other without it being threatening. Neither Cinnamon nor Aztec have had any issues with this set up. They constantly hear and smell each other doing all their daily stuff (Cinnamon Girl is a prolonged and frenzied litter-box digger ) and are quite used to the concept of each other's existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Don't suppose your camera has video function eh? a little video of some kitten drunken frolicking?
I did indeed shoot some video (it's pretty grainy due to low-light conditions). Gotta upload it and trim it down a bit, but I'll for sure post some this weekend.

Here are some shots from last weekend that only made it as far as Facebook due to the forum malware issues.

Don't let this pretty face fool you, CG has some very unladylike attributes. Burping and farting, in particular. Her farts are room-clearingly bad and that was one reason I wanted more airflow in her room (the window and hepa air filter weren't enough). She was hot-boxing the kittens with her stinkiness . I figure the huge volume of food she's consuming, plus the waste of 5 kittens, is probably the big factor. Digestive enzymes and probiotics haven't helped, although they did firm up her stool from total mush. Zack jokes that if she had "owners" previously, they likely kicked her out because of her farts.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:18 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Shhhh....you're giving away all her endearing secrets!

She's sure purrrrdy, though... And those babies of hers!!!! What an adorable family!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor CG, now all the other cats will be calling her farty girl.

Those kittens are just too cute. The little orange guy who's awake in that first set is just too much. LOL, looks like he's saying, "Shhhh, dey iz sleepin."
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:15 PM

Awwwww. Adorable.

Mama to Izzy, rescued March 2009.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
So far so good! I MacGyver'd a sort of baby-gate with some Home Depot shelving so that I could leave the door open to get more airflow in the kitten room, plus check on them more easily. The lower part is covered with semi-transparent material so the cats only see a hint of each other without it being threatening. Neither Cinnamon nor Aztec have had any issues with this set up. They constantly hear and smell each other doing all their daily stuff (Cinnamon Girl is a prolonged and frenzied litter-box digger ) and are quite used to the concept of each other's existence.

Does that mean we may see CG pics for many more years

I did indeed shoot some video (it's pretty grainy due to low-light conditions). Gotta upload it and trim it down a bit, but I'll for sure post some this weekend.

Here are some shots from last weekend that only made it as far as Facebook due to the forum malware issues.

Don't let this pretty face fool you, CG has some very unladylike attributes. Burping and farting, in particular. Her farts are room-clearingly bad and that was one reason I wanted more airflow in her room (the window and hepa air filter weren't enough). She was hot-boxing the kittens with her stinkiness . I figure the huge volume of food she's consuming, plus the waste of 5 kittens, is probably the big factor. Digestive enzymes and probiotics haven't helped, although they did firm up her stool from total mush. Zack jokes that if she had "owners" previously, they likely kicked her out because of her farts.
I can't believe such a sweet innocent face could have that problem

I do find that Slippery Elm Bark does help Jasper in that issue. I just sprinkle it on his watered down food.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww great way to start the morning again,CG and Rocky could have a fart-fest,his are lethal,very quiet but OMG do they stink,I used to blame hubby
That sweet little orange face,with that sweet little pink nose and mouth is a just made for kisses
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:11 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Adorable babies! I love looking at kitten pics!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

In the last pic of CG, I am sure she is saying
"Thank you SCM for not listening to me and allowing me outside when you first brought me in."

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 1st, 2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

flantulant are what beautiful blue eyed chicks do...farts usually belong with...good for nothing ( fill in the blank)...come on people get it right, sheeeesh.....
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM
-

awww they're so adorable
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh cinnamon has beautiful eyes! I didn't know they were blue! And I would love to have the first little kitty pleaseeee I love the little orange one in the pic all by himself...it looks just like willy did as a baby.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
~Cat Servent~

she is so gorgeous, farts and all!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old August 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
she is so gorgeous, farts and all!
No, she has flatulance

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:24 AM

Awww more adorable pics

Wonder what the torbie girl is dreaming of with her teensy claws extended

It'll be interesting to see if any of the kittens stay blue eyed.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Some updates:

The kittens have started peeing in the litter boxes! No poopage as of yet, momma still takes care of that for them.

One of the kittens (we're calling him Norm for now, for "normal", since he isn't a polydactyl and he isn't long-haired) chowed down on some raw elk yesterday . And this morning, Seven (for 7 toes) lapped up a bunch of canned Wellness chicken. The others give the food a good sniff but haven't ventured to try it yet.

Zack named the long-haired boy Buzz Fuzzler. He features prominently in the videos below and is absolutely hilarious to watch, bouncing off the walls and litter mates like a furry little pinball.

For now, the torbie is "Torbs" and the 6 toed polydactyl is "Sixes". These are all just names of convenience until we come up with something else. And oh my goodness, are they a blast to watch and play with! I have a 7 foot tall cat tree with platforms going up it like a spiral staircase that Aztec doesn't use anymore because of his arthritis. We had to tip it on it's side because the kittens were climbing up so high it was scary, but now it makes the best kitten jungle-gym ever! I still have to upload the videos of them in action on it. In the meantime, some footage from over the past week or so:

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Catlover2

OMG! Adoooorable!!! Can't believe those toes on Seven.....but my fave of all is still Torbs. Gosh she's cute! and Buzz Fuzzler---can't wait to see his video. CG such a good and proud mama.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh SCM, they are just adorable , how do you manage to pull yourself away from them to go to work?

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
how do you manage to pull yourself away from them to go to work?
With great difficulty! And it's getting harder and harder now that they're more active. I was late a few times last week .

It's going to be sooooo difficult to give these guys up! Zack and I are talking about keeping one of the kittens too, along with Cinnamon Girl. Lots of things to consider. I personally think it will take the pressure off Aztec if CG has someone else to hang out with, but Zack is concerned that it'll turn into a 2 against 1 situation. And then there's the fact that we love to travel and right now Zack's mom stays at our house to look after Aztec while we're away, but she's expressed some reluctance to look after more kitties than just him. They'd be the easy ones though, not needing insulin injections or tons of meds mixed into their food. Plus deciding which kitten to keep is another issue. I'm in love with Seven. He comes running up to me and climbs into my lap whenever I go into their room. Zack has a thing for Norm, the loudest purrer and most gentle kitten of the bunch. I know, you guys are going to say keep them both! But Torbs and Cinnamon seem to have the strongest bond. And Buzz Fuzzler is such a character! Sixes is so sweet and charming. You see the predicament?

Old August 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I can see the predicament all right . Indeed, it is very difficult to give up kittens who have worked their way into your heart.

Perhaps your kittysitter won't mind once she realizes there are really no work, just feed and clean litter boxes.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 8th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM,I thoroughly LOVED watching the videos,they are just the cutest,I would soo love to do what you are doing,but how do you give them away
I am glad to see you are keeping CG,she's a beauty and deserves a wonderful home.
As for the kittens how do you chose one,that's beyond me,but I would lean towards Seven,I think...they are all wonderful.
I also looked at Aztecs video,his face looks just like my Rockyexcept Rocky has much longer legs,probably because he is now very skinny.

I think Zachs mom would be perfectly fine looking after two more,no meds or anything to give them.
We were going away,but with Rocky and his meds we can't.
One of my sons usually stays here with the cats,but Rocky will not take his meds from my son,so we cannot risk it.
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm glad I don't have your decision to make, scm. We'd end up with all of them!

They sure are cute!! Those videos are wonderful!

Old August 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh wow, the cuteness in those videos. It's too bad you can't keep all of those babies, but I know how hard that would be also. Of course, if you gave the kittens to friends and family, you would be sure to see them all the time.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/