Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
^.^

Toys

Alright I am at my wits end this morning. Oliver is all over the place knocking over cups of water, clawing the furniture (which he rarely usually does odd for a kitten but I wanted to keep that trend!!!) meowing at the sofa, biting sandals (we dont go barefoot in the house) playing in his littler box (not going potty just playing with the sand and clay pieces) basically terrorizing me sinse morning. Is he just bored out of his mind Or trying to just be a pest I dont know. I think maybe he is lacking stimulation. Ive tried buying toys for him (which he likes but there are only a few) but I cant find very many in brazil (its all about those little dogs here) He has even gotten into the whole chasing his own tail thing. Or if I type to fast pouncing my hands There is nothing safe from him today. Including my legs (rubs claw marks when he ran up them)

Please help me find ways to entertain him that do not consist of chucking him out the window!!!
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Lasers are great! You can wear them out quickly! Spin them in circles, up and over things...I had my two chasing it on my bed last night until they both lay down panting and went to sleep shortly after...it was great!

That's part of the fun of having cats living in your house...watching their goofiness!

All cats go through the "annoying" stage though (sometimes two or ten times) and believe it or not, you will miss it and this stage will be what you remember when your cat gets older.

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
-

Lasers are good but make sure you don't shine it in his eyes. If you don't have one you can use a flashlight instead.

Rolled up pieces of aluminum foil to chase and all cats love cardboard boxes to play in. Buy some feathers and attach them to something that you can dangle above him.

Get another kitten for a playmate.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
^.^

haha love the second kitten idea...unfortunately I will have to work on my fiance for that one. He loved the idea of one but two hes like >.> okay never had a cat before lets just keep our mistakes to ONE cat lol. I personally like the idea of oliver having a playmate. Downside is more money for neutoring, vacines and such. They are not cheap here in Brazil >.< nor does the animal you adopt come with it at this place. maybe we will adopt the second one (if I can convince him to do it and then convince myself not to get Olivers sister) at the governments shelter. I just take Oliver to the vet place I got him and if I take a new cat I can just feel the vet going tisk tisk we have plenty in the shelter in the back!!
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Two really aren't THAT much more work than one...hehehe

Most vets will give you a two for one deal on visits and I have noticed other breaks as well when both have to take the same meds.

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
^.^

ooo maybe I will try to see what I can do about that then. I wonder if they will do the same two for one deal in brazil though. They dont seem to care much about cats
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
^.^

now where to get a lazer...I think I saw a flashlight somewhere though! *goes to search the appartment*
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
-

We don't get 2 for 1 deals here unless it's for pizza.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

I got my laser at a pet store, but they do sell them at office supply stores and dollar stores as well...you want to try to get a metal one...oddly enough Wal-Mart doesn't sell them Mine prefer the laser to the flashlight...I haven't tried a penlight though...

I have been going to my vet for a while with other cats, but I have friends who get the two for one deal with theirs as well

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM

Cardboard tubes (minus the paper towel or toilet paper) make great toys. you can stuff other toys inside them, roll them, they can chew on them, etc.
Bottle caps on a slippery floor sonetimes make good cat entertainment too.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-