Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Suggestions & Improvements > Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Troble in Arcade Land

I keep getting a message saying that because I have posted -9, somerthing less messages, I am not allowed to play tetris or Breakout or anything else I gather. I tried to PM Maco but I was not permitted to do that either. \Qhat ibn earth is happening???? I have no earthly idea what m,y number of messages per day ir even knew that it mattered but thsi is the only time have before I have to go back to the trenches and I cannot even do something that relives stress- well except vfor the fact I still have trouble with the mouse in Breakout, lol

Something needs fixin!! I would not have posted this publicly but that is not working properly either, sighhhhhhhh!!

I am soooooooooooo frustrated, arrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! (and I am pretty easygoing!)
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

This is the message:

In order to play Tetris, you need to have posted at least 0 posts per day since you registered. Your current rate of posting is -9.72 posts per day.

I am outta here, bye for now!
Old November 18th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmm, I have 3000 plus posts and it still does not work. Anyone else experiencing probns? I think it should be based on length of time someone belongs, NOT the number of posts - since duration is more impportant that someone posting all the time. I am sooooo irked and I am rarely irked these days here. I mean - when I was away in NO and La, there were no posts. One cannot judge by the number of posts per day - it does not make sense and it is unfair. Then again, I am just on a rant since I am addicted to tetris. Can this be fixed?
Old January 4th, 2006, 03:35 PM

*bump due to posting date issues*
Old January 5th, 2006, 08:34 AM

Rest assured, the last thing we would want to be is unfair to you. Since it is, in actuality, impossible to have less than 0 posts per day, the cause was obviously some sort or glitch. Upon further inspection, it appears you were affected by the "time warp" and listed as posting in November, 2003. This caused the statistical anomaly of having less than zero posts average.

At any rate, it was a system issue. It appears to have corrected itself.
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Sometimes the system has glitches - sometimes they are temporary and work themselves out - othertimes they require more work. This is just the nature of life on the web.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me and cannot PM me - I am ALWAYS available at marko@pets.ca

That will ALWAYS be faster and more efficient than posting on the board and then getting frustrated because i haven't seen the post fast enough.

Thanks

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry Marco, I did not want to go the public route but I also was not allowed to PM you - same sort of message, that I had not posted enough, yadda yadda. That was the only reason - as I think I said - I wrote it here. I was rired, and very frustrated at the time and my Irish was up I guess, lol (I must need a 12 step program for tetris, lol)
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

The Fix is In!!!

I am not impressed (said sort of in jestbut to be honest, not entirely, )
I FINALLY managed a score of 86,000 plus to defear Prin's standing as champion and the score was NOT recorded. Why?????? I did nothing wrong, followed all the rules and could hard;y move my hand at the end so it was very frustrating to say the least. Anyway - you rule Prin!!! I love the game but there is no point in playing and hoping to win if my achievement is ignored by the technocrats, lol

Oh well, back to work. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I do wonder why it did that though! I have had problems though on all my computers of varying models and rams and roms and types (desktops, laptops, you name it). Any ideas? I'd love to try again but I only will if it is actually meaningful. It took me forever to get there and then the page just stood there! Why??????????????????

Maybe it'll show up but I just idn this very curious. Probably a function of flash - not really the best way to develop gaming - Java is much sturdier and actually easier ti incorporate into HTML or XML or PHP-HTML or cfm - whatever combo of "coding" (Technically HTML is not a code as much as a formatting method) is being used.

Anyway - inquiring minds want to know
Why does it foresake me so?