Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Birds

Old July 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That clear part on the oriole feeder is for nectar, and there are four holes on the top of the orange cover that the orioles supposedly can stick their bills and tongues through to lap up the nectar... Clever design, eh? However, either my orioles are a little dense or they just prefer drinking nectar from the easier to access hummingbird feeder, because I have yet to see one show any interest in the oriole feeder nectar. So I stopped filling it. I just use the grape jelly 'compartments' on the top of the feeder and they have to steal from the hummers if they want a sweet sip to go with it.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
-

I missed this thread....how come?

Pepe asked me yesterday if I would like to go on a trip somewhere....well I do...I'm heading down your way next summer Hazel, I wanna see these birdies up close and in person instead of sitting at the comp salivating
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Pick a cool week and you can sit in the blind--birds'eye view!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
-

Does it have to be a cool week .....I can't sit in the blind in the warmer weather, you know how much I like the warmth
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

It gets upward of 120 F in the blind on a hot sunny day, Chris. And the heat doesn't phase the mosquitoes. But if you want to sit out there sweatin' in the blind, anyway, no problemo!

On a cool day, it probably won't hit above 90 F, which should still be plenty hot for ya!