Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Exclamation Please Help

Hello,

My name is Joshua and i have a cat that is about 6mo. - 2yrs. old not sure on the age but is still small kitten anyways when my girlfriend first got the cat she had to take it to the vet the vet gave him the first series of shots and also did a check up. he had paracites. He was given a shot and and the vet said he would be fine well its been a few months since and i have noticed that he tinds to have gass and somtimes when sitting in a spot when he gets up the will be a small amount of stoll, his bum also looked a little raw. that was about 2 weeks ago, i have not noticed the loose stoll or gass as much but he still walks like he is in pain as he did befor (walks real stiff in his hine legs) now even though he walks in pain he is still a very playful cat and runs around like crazy but just does not look right when he walks. Now when i went home today my girlfriend told me that she had noticed he urinated in a few places in same manner as with the stool and he still walks funny. So if any one can give me a idea of what i can do to help him untill i can get the money to get him back to the vet, im srry if i asked a question that i has already been answerd i read over everything but only found a few threads to be simular and not much help thanks
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
banned user

If he has some sort of blockage or urinary problem, he can't wait to be seen by a vet, both very serious problems!
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:03 PM

Unhappy

Thank you for your reply. I was already thinking this but like i said i have not a penny to my name for at least a week or two so i was hoping that there could be someing i can do to help feel better until then thanks
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Call around, maybe you can find a vet who will take payments, or gives discounts, but your cat should be seen ASAP.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:25 PM

This cat needs help. It is in pain. Would you walk around in that condition? Why get a cat you can't afford?
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:16 AM

The cat is in obvious distress by the way it's walking. Bring it to a vet immediately. If your vet won't take payments, go to another vet. But get the cat seen.

Case closed.

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Closed Thread