Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 16th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Good Vet Visit

So Noella went to the doctor today. She got her booster and dewormed. Checked over. Lovied and kissed too. She weighs all of 2.2 lbs! She'll go back in a month for her rabies and booster (then that's it for boosters) Vet figures she's only 3 months old so no worries about being preggers, so we'll get her spayed in February.

I really like finally having a vet that doesn't charge you for walking in the door. Little different than our old vet, when we were leaving someone was bringing their horse in. So she's good to go, Vet figures she may have a bit of frostbite on her nose cause I mentioned it's dry, so could be a little irritated. As far as her runs go, likely just cause she's eating good food but if it lasts then she may have a bacterial infection from eating yuck stuff and bring her back for some antibiotics. But she's not nearly as runny, seems to be firming up and she's not throwing up and she's eating like a little piggy.

So tonight when I get home from work, I'll leave the porch door open for a bit and see what happens. Everybody came in the porch yesterday...Nino looked at her with an OMG expression!! and ran back in the house. Bobee grumbled at her...he can be such an old man sometimes. Coco was pretty much Hey! Bayley wants to play with her. Not like a chew toy though.
Old December 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Pattymac,that's great,so she is not much more than a baby,it's hard to tell in the pic how big she is.
But at 2,2 Lbs she must be really tiny.

Is it not freezing on the porch,or are you talking about a sun-room.
Maybe you live in a warmer climate??

I am so happy she is now safe and loved
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear the vet check went pretty well! And noelle only weighs 2.2 lbs? Wow that's tiny! I thought she was bigger in her pics.

Lucky about the vet not charging for walking in the door too, our charges 70 bucks plus taxes before he/she even touches the animals.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

We have an enclosed porch that we heat, so it's nice and toasty for her. She slept all afternoon like I thought she would.

Her fur feels sooo much softer now and just after not quite a week. Brought her in the house tonight for a bit so she could snuggle on my lap and let the boys explore porch. hah, figured I'd let her stay on my lap while I had my mac and cheese..ya right!! i guess she got used to scrounging people food. The only thing the boys will touch is chicken and only Nino, if it's white meat and yoghurt, sometimes.
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww, she is much tinier than I thought , poor girl out in that cold. Good thing you were working that night she was found

Glad to hear she is doing well and not pregnant

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 18th, 2010, 09:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Glad the checkup went so well, pattymac! for the intros going well, too!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."