Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:03 PM

Stevie the Wonder Dog

Hey pitty lovers, how about a Pitty mix (may be HUGE), who is blind. He is 3 1/2 months old, and the sweetest thing ever.

Anyone interested can see him on my site http://sophie.rimasec.net and contact me.

He truly deserves a wonderful home, I see him with kids, other pets, he's great and good natured. Keeps bumping into stuff, wags his tail and goes around.

Deserves a real chance.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

He is such a cutie! But those paws have me puzzled!!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
banned user

Has poor stevie still not found a home??? I cant believe that someone did not fall in love with him yet? I would have taken in a heartbeat if I didnt have a pyshco cat biting into viens and electricial wires! I hope you find a home for him soon he is adorable
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

LRMom,I am sorry to hear Stevie still does not have a forever home,what will happen to him if nobody adopts him :sad:
He's such a sweetie....
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:37 PM

Stevie the Wonder dog

Hi guys,

I have had a lot of calls and e-mails for Stevie, but I want the perfect family. He may be HUGE, he may eventually require surgeries or have complications, who know..... So I want a RICH family who will do whatever it takes, no matter the cost, and who will not give up on him. He cannot start coming back and going from home to home. Being blind is tougher, so having to start changing homes, no way... THe people have to be 300% committed to this dog. They have to take into consideration any future bans/laws on pitbulls, costs that may be involved in having a handicapped dog, the fact that people will be afraid because he is pitbull, so when they go on vacation, not everyone or daycare is willling to take the dog, etc.... There are so many more concerns than with a "normal" rescued dog, so I'm taking my time.

Have had lots of people "fall in love" with him and want him, but I don't let impulse get in the way of being rational. He had actually been adopted by a lady I took over two weeks to screen and fully maker her aware of the enormous responsilibity, and after less than 24 hours, she returned him saying she had not realized the comittment it would be to have this blind dog. I was soooooo upset. She was such a perfect person for him, and that happened so I'm holding off. People tell me I am too strict and tough on my selection criteria (in general) but I don't care.

And if no one ever wants him, I will definitely keep him. I've said that to all my fosters, and it hasn't happened yet. The right family is out there, it's just a matter of time.

If you know GOOD responsible people who would commit for the life of this guy, do send them my way....

http://sophie.rimasec.net
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

LMP,I am glad to hear you are careful in choosing new owners,especially for very special Stevie..not that I ever thought you were not.
I am sorry for the somewhat ignorant question,but I did not know what happens if nobody can see in Stevie what you see,to me he's a sweet-heart,but it probably takes a very special person to care for a blind dog.
For now he's in loving hands :love: