Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Kittens galore!

Approx 18 kittens! They are coming from the barns of farmers who wont' even allow their cats to be spayed and neutered for free.

Kittens, anyone? I should have pictures later this week if things go well.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:32 AM

Seems like a double edged sword to me...

Honest, caring people take the kittens to save their lives--but by doing so the farmer is now able to repopulate his land since the farmer won't accept FREE spaying....

Some people suck.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

That's so disgusting - to not even accept free help. No wonder you have the opinion you do of farmers!!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Honest, caring people take the kittens to save their lives--but by doing so the farmer is now able to repopulate his land since the farmer won't accept FREE spaying
I know, and usually I agree 100% that taking kittens off someone's hands does nothing to fix the problem.

But in this case, NOT taking the kittens will not move these farmers to spay and neuter their cats. They will just kill the kittens.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:44 PM

Well I hope they all find homes--however uncaring the farmer is!
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Why will they not fix their animals even if you all will do it for free. That is so weird. I can not stand people like this. And like you said the sad part is that the kittens will be the ones that are killed because they are dumb!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Why will they not fix their animals even if you all will do it for free.
I know it's baffling. All I can say is that these people are not living in this century and feel spay/neuter is the Devil's work or something......

One of them said he likes seeing kittens around, and when they end up dead on the road, dying of disease, ridden with parasites, or freezing to death in the winter - that's life!!

One of the cats who was saved was over 10 years old, pregnant, had a heart murmur and teeth so bad she could scarcely eat.

Thank goodness at least she is in a safe and loving home!
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

One of the cats who was saved was over 10 years old, pregnant, had a heart murmur and teeth so bad she could scarcely eat.

Thank goodness at least she is in a safe and loving home![/QUOTE]

That is so sad. I just do not get nor will I ever. That is the thing everyone likes kittens just not kittens after they are bigger or when their health is going down hill than they are not as cute!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:42 PM
banned user

In an ideal world id like to see these people children born in a barn, given no medical treatment and left to fend for themselves with disease and no creature comforts and then see how f***** cute they think it is!!!! these people make me so mad. Its like they were all abducted my aliens and given the brains of people living in the 15th century.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
banned user

It seems to be kitten season in SW Ontario as well... still having trouble finding the right one though.
Wish I was closer to ya ... ya might have the one I want! Good luck in finding homes for them.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
Approx 18 kittens! They are coming from the barns of farmers who wont' even allow their cats to be spayed and neutered for free.

how can i get incontact with you about the kittens and two will they be vacinated and spayed?
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM

Talking

Quote:

how can i get in contact with you about the kittens and two will they be vacinated and spayed?

my email is ykstrip@yahoo.ca
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:27 PM

i'd like a kitty! :)

I have the same question: could I get in contact with you for the kittens??Also, what are the approximate costs to get the kitten vacinated, etc?
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Quote:

HI,

I'D LIKE TO HAVE ONE OR TWO OF THOSE KITTEN, I DON'T WANT THEM NEUTERED PLS. I LIKE THEM AS THEY ARE NATURAL.

IF YOU CAN E-MAIL ME BACK WITH THEIR PIC, I'D BE MUCH APPRICIATED.

THANKS
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
IHeart Marty&Minou's Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORA5_3
HI,

I'D LIKE TO HAVE ONE OR TWO OF THOSE KITTEN, I DON'T WANT THEM NEUTERED PLS. I LIKE THEM AS THEY ARE NATURAL.
This board is very pro spay and neuter, you probably wouldn't be able to adopt them without signing an adoption contract (with as s/n clause)

I hope you understand that you might not have your application accepted if you feel that way about spay and neuter. I hope you would reconsider. . .

Welcome to the board!
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM

JDG is right. There are just far too many homeless kitties in this world to not spay or neuter them. Is there a particular reason you want to keep them "natural"? If it is a cost factor, you could always adopt pre-neutered/spayed cats from shelters or rescues.
Old July 8th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
IF YOU STILL HAVE THOSE KITTEN FOR FREE, I'D LIKE TO TAKE ONE OR TWO, I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THAT, I DON'T WANT THEM TO BE NEUTRATED OR VACINATED, I LIKE THME NATURALLY, ALSO I'VE A CAT AT MY HOME.
I see you want to perpetuate and add to the problem?

Number one: We DO not allow our cats or kittens to remain intact. You live in Montreal and haven't heard of the serious problem of cat over population??? Do you know thousands (maybe a million) cats are stray in Montreal, breeding and dying every day?

If you think there is anything "natural" about that, you desperately need to educate yourself and get your cat neutered/spayed. YOU are part of the problem, and it will never improve until everyone like you starts being responsible.

Number two: We NEVER give away kittens for free, because the cost of their spay/neuter is included in the adoption fee. If you want a pet that won't cost you a dime, you can go outside and pick up one of the abandoned cats or kittens. No shortage of them, thanks to you and others like you.

Do not contact me again. Thank you.
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORA5_3
HI,

IF YOU CAN E-MAIL ME BACK WITH THEIR PIC, I'D BE MUCH APPRICIATED.

THANKS
Is this what you call a troll? I think this person is just trying to get an argument going *S*
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda
Is this what you call a troll? I think this person is just trying to get an argument going *S*
I do believe you're right!
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Re: In an ideal world id like to see these people children born in a barn, given no medical treatment and left to fend for themselves with disease and no creature comforts and then see how f***** cute they think it is!!!! these people make me so mad. Its like they were all abducted my aliens and given the brains of people living in the 15th century.

I agree British Vixen. In my ideal world, we could give Lucky Rescue the power to convert the farmer into a barn cat and see how he enjoys life - or ensure he comes back in the next life as a cat whose owner opts not to neuter him and then places him in a barn and then just leaves him fend for himself. I am not a big sci fi fan but I often think a good fuctional story might be about a person who abuses or neglects cats being forced by some court - or some cat woman type creature - to become a cat and endure life as a stray cat among nasty people who dislike cats.

And yep, I think that post was a troll, sighh!
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
I am not a big sci fi fan but I often think a good fuctional story might be about a person who abuses or neglects cats being forced by some court - or some cat woman type creature - to become a cat and endure life as a stray cat among nasty people who dislike cats.
Neat idea! Mind if I use it? I'll give you honourable mention on the inside front cover if it's published.
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Sure W4fun. I have it partly written actually, to be honest - tho I doubt I'll find time to finish it, lol A friend who wrote the book Panemic already showed it to his agent and he recommended Scholastic Books. (Mine is oriented to the juvenile sector - that's me, juvenile, lol) But I'd be flattered if you used the idea. I cannot see when I will ever finish mine. I actually started with a character who had Siamese cats and she herself was able to turn into a Siamese and by mistake - because she is angry at her cat hating nolsy neighbour - she turns said neighbour into a yowling cat who goes thru various and sundry experiences of a feral cat when her husband throw her (er as a cat) out. Anyway, if you want to finish it, let me know.

(and sorry for the diversion Lucky - did not mean to hijack your kittens galore thread). That farmer still irks me!!!