Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 25th, 2017, 10:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

More pix of JD the Cat

Slowly but surely I'm making my way through my editing. I've made it all the way up to August 2016!! This is exciting because JD adopted us in July, which means I'm running into cute kitty pix. Well, we think he's cute, anyway. And he thinks he's cute! But you all will have to make up your own minds.

So, without further ado, a few more pix of JD:

Name:  JD 7-29-16.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  JD showing his new toy the view out the window 7-31-16.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  JD in his new cat tree 8-10-16 A.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  95.0 KB

These are all from July and early August. I'm sure there will be more to follow as I get caught up with my editing--I just can't guarantee it'll be anytime soon! My procrastination knows no bounds, it seems.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 26th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Talk about eyes (the other current thread) one of his matches his head stripes but where did he get the blue one? Pretty boy.
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

My theory is that one reflects the divine, the other the diabolical. When the gold fires of hell are in control, JD is a little hellion. When the divine blue has the upper hand, he's an angel.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

A few more I edited tonight (with JD on my lap, I might add--makes reaching the keyboard to edit images a mite tricky! )

JD watching the dogs in the basement yard...
Name:  JD dog-watching 8-11-16.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  86.2 KB

...and just hanging out on the window sill, waiting for his squirrels and birds to come entertain him:
Name:  Rainy day kitty 8-11-16 C.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  63.8 KB

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM

Wow JD sure is a handsome kitty! Very striking having different coloured eyes too
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, Lynne. He gets away with a lot because he's so cute.

But I just can't get over how sweet and snuggly he is most of the time (unless that fiery eye is in charge! )--he's about the perfect cat for newby owners like us.

Old March 26th, 2017, 10:17 PM

Hi Hazel:

I've often wondered how JD was making out - he won me over when he chose your family for adoption.

How is his upper respiratory problem - has it subsided? And how is he doing with the other furbies in the house? Are the stress levels gone yet?

I sure love that one brown eye. Actually both of them are pretty good looking. They appear to compliment each other.
Old March 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Howdy, Reg! He still has the URI--we now have cat snot art added to the dog nose print art on the windows! His eyes are a bit gooby, too, but those are his main symptoms. No major flare-ups this winter--I hope that continues.

The weird thing is that he doesn't seem to grow hair back very quickly. We can still see the shaved patch on his arm for the IV from his neuter back on 27 Sept 2016. He had a sore on his back that wouldn't heal--he'd had it from day one--and we finally gave up on that and had it surgically cleaned up and stitched on 30 Dec 2016. That shaved patch is still mostly bare except right along the incision. Very odd.

As for his relationships with the dogs... Well, Cass is just a sweetheart. Almost every night, she allows him to cuddle up with her in the family room. After a while, though, she gets hot and/or sore (she's 15 and arthritic), so she moves away. Still, JD really appreciates the short time they're together and he loves his Cass. Grace has been play-attacked too many times to be totally comfortable with JD, but she tolerates his presence, and if I'm holding him, she'll come over to give him a quick sniff and a face lick. He was working hard to win over Ridge, but then she died, so he turned his efforts to the boys.

The most I can say there is that Ember has stopped air snapping at JD and neither Brier nor Ember get up and come to investigate during JD's very short time on the floor with them. I wouldn't trust either boy with the cat unsupervised--JD is still much too trusting, even though both Grace and Cass have disciplined him at one point or another, and I'm not sure that Ember or Brier would pull their punches like the girls do... But the mad barking and reactivity has definitely subsided and, slowly but surely, the dogs have a 'ho-hum, it's the cat again' reaction when JD is around. So very slow progress, but progress nonetheless!

I must say, JD is quite the charmer! He has hubby wrapped around his little paws hubby is not a cat person, but he loves JD. Keeps telling everyone that JD isn't just a cat--he's our cat, and that makes all the difference!

Old March 27th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

JD is beautiful !
Old March 27th, 2017, 05:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, Barkingdog! I'll let him know he has another fan!

Old March 27th, 2017, 10:37 PM

Hi Hazel:

Thanks for the update on JD. I'm glad to hear that things are slooooowwwlllyy
improving. Hopefully his upper respiratory inflammation will lessen over time.

By the way you put it, I think he's still a little stressed from taking up residence in a house with large dogs. Good looking or not, it doesn't seem to make a difference to him.

I go along with what your hubby said - it's not JUST a cat, he's OUR cat. That fits us to a tee as well.
Old March 28th, 2017, 09:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Strangely, I think JD is more stressed about not being with the dogs than being in a house that has them. He's been fearless around them from day one, which put him at risk for bodily harm, at least around the boys, who seem to be cat intolerant. If it had been up to JD, he'd be eating, playing, and sleeping with them now! I suspect he was raised with dogs...maybe even with pups. In fact, I've often wondered if there isn't a dual puppy/cat mill in operation somewhere in the county that he might have been born at. Lord knows we're plagued with enough puppy mills... And it would explain his being so at ease with the dogs.