Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 19th, 2004, 11:03 PM

Red face My dog won't go unless she's in her doggie area

I have a kind of delicate question but here goes. I'm going to be traveling with my two little silkies in a motorhome. The problem is that my little girl (who just recently lost her sight) doesn't want to pee anywhere but in her run on some gravel. I mean she won't even go in our yard on the grass. How am I going to get her to go on the road. I was thinking of taking a pail of her gravel with so it had her scent in it. Do you think this could help? This little one can hold it a long time when she gets stubborn and then when she really has to go it will be on the carpet so any suggestions would be helpful............thanks Suzy
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:07 PM

Yeah, actually is a pretty common issue, they get surface trained pretty quick (we had a couple of puppies at an spca display recently and they were used to shavings, poor suckers eyes were floating when one of the ladies realized and sprinked a smattering of shavings on the grass, pup wasted no time after that!) So I would try a "dry run" and see if she would go on any gravel first, and if all else fails then a bucket of gravel may be what you have to do - perhaps a litterpan too??
The joys