Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
<-- Rayne

Question Bones in raw food...

I'm still in the process of finding the perfect diet for feeding my pets and I'm taking the RAW approach into consideration due to the recent recall as I don't trust anything off a shelf anymore. I had mentioned in a previous post of mine that I was worried about not giving enough or giving too much of something so wanted to find an alternate solution to the Raw diet such as EVO, however I was told it's not really an alternative so much as a marketing ploy.

If I was to switch to the Raw diet, aren't bones dangerous to dogs and cats? A long time ago our neighbors dog (a big Bouvier) snatched up my dads t-bone steak before he got to cook it on the bbq and she choked on it, my dad had to literally put his hand down the her throat because she would have choked to death. I also always hear about how chicken and pork bones will splinter, so not to feed them that. Is that cuz they're cooked

Are there any individual threads you can refer me to that seem complete in what I should be feeding because I'm really lost on all of this, I notice a lot of posts ask a question but get incomplete or vague answers. If not, I'll keep looking, it's still my first day so I have some time to get the hang of it here

Oh and it seems I am in the RAW section, which is where I want to be but I noticed someone else here was told to post in the RAW section... is this not it

Last edited by SEVIIN; May 22nd, 2007 at 02:10 PM.