Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Dog Dancer, this is for you!!

This boy is just absolutely gorgeous!! Shaun wants him so bad lol
If you're hubby likes Mals, he's going to love this one! He's a 3 yr old Sable and weighs in at 126 lbs (so obviously a "giant" Mal).
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my goodness, he's GORGEOUS!! How would I love to adopt him?? Alot.

Unfortunately like I said in my pm, I could not do that to Halo. She's 11 and has never been really really sure of herself. Shadow was the Alpha between them and it's only been the last year or so that Halo has tried to take over Alpha status. With a dominant type dog like a Mal (who I understand pack order is everything) I think Halo would need a puppy that she could imprint her senior status on. A three year old would be far more than she could handle and honestly, I think it would kill her.

Oh, my heart is broken, I would so love to give this guy a home. Why is he being rehomed??
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Nookies vet clinic called and asked if I could help find a home for a clients dogs. It's very sad, but typical. The owner is disabled and her and her partner are splitting, so she can't take care of them anymore. She just adores them and is heartbroken, so I do feel bad for both her and the pups. So I have been posting on FB and calling everyone I know as well as some of the rescues in Calgary. I have had a few people interested (who wouldn't be? they're gorgeous!!), but they need to go to a home together. So that's the hard part lol. But I'm off tomorrow-Sunday, so I have a few days to look and see what we can do. They are both SO loving and happy. Very good with other dogs, very well mannered etc. It's such a shame. Greyson is the female, and she's such a sweet, pretty girl

I really do wish I had the money/time/space, I'd take them both lol

This is a pic of both dogs:
The female is Greyson, she's 7 and the male is Connor, he's 3
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh woman! You're killing me!! I notice though you forgot to mention that they had to go together... clever. If we didn't have Halo to think of first I would take them in a heartbeat. There's no way Halo could hold her own with two of them though. They're gorgeous, I can't believe there won't be a home out there somewhere for them. If I show those pics to DH he may leave me and Halo just to take them I assume that with you all involved they are safe from being pts though??
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn,I saw you had them posted on FB,they are both stunning...it's so very sad,I hope and pray someone will adopt them both,they deserve no less
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Those are such cute dog pictures!
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Robyn, any luck finding these beautiful pets a new forever home yet? I hope so, they are gorgeous. DH doesn't really want another dog now, I think because I don't really think we could handle a Mal, if he can't have that he doesn't want anything. We'll see...
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Just wanted to update!! Sorry, just been a really busy last few weeks. The beautiful babies, Connor and Greyson, will be staying with their mom, at least for now

She decided to accept some help in excercising them. She has a neighbor who helps during the week, but she had no one on the weekends. pbpatti has been very kind and offered to help me

Both dogs are just as sweet as can be
Very well loved and taken care of. The owner is such a nice lady and has a heart of gold. It just broke her heart (and mone!) to think of giving them up. If she loses her home, she may have no choice, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

DD, I'm sure you and hubby would have LOVED them!! I completely understand not wanting to stress Halo out though. I would be thinking the same

Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Well you never know what time brings. I am so glad to hear that thanks to you and patti she will be able to keep them. I can't imagine how upset she would have been to have to let them go. Bless you both for helping her out. They are gorgeous dogs and I'm sure they know how well loved they are and would have been devastated if they'd been moved out. I love a happy ending. Here's hoping it all continues well. for helping this lady and her dogs out Rgeurts. You are an angel!