Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old June 9th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Exclamation Cat & Kitten Overload

Sasha's Den Rescue & its local no-kill pound have approximately 100 homeless cats and kittens at the moment. We find boxes full of kittens almost each day at the boarding kennel door or at the mailbox on the side of the road. If you like cats and even though you already have one or more, please, help us by adopting one. Not even an adult cat who could be a challenge to introduce to your family, just a cute and tiny little kitten who will fit in just fine. We have them in all patterns and colours.

This is never gonna end. People just don't get it - cats reproduce like crazy, and petshops sell them for 5$ to people who find it soooo cute to have a litter, just for fun. :sad:

Just a sample (I'll post more pics later):

[

Old July 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM

Smile

Hi! I see the first pic of the thread appears to be a russian blue kitten. Would you have any more like him or her?

Thanks!

Thomas
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origamiboy_x
Hi! I see the first pic of the thread appears to be a russian blue kitten. Would you have any more like him or her?

Thanks!

Thomas
He's just a plain old domestic cat.

And yes, I believe there might be a few blue kittens still. PM me if you are interested.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:39 PM

feeding rescued feral kittens

at first they were hissy ,frightened and biting at me their feral Mother ran away when I rescued them from the backroom shelf where they were born, these were originally five kittens she let one die, apparently, I crated these babies up and started out with a syringe with no needle to squirt water down their throats four or five times a day and stuff q tips with canned cat food on the end into their mouths being careful not to let them ingest any cotton later they accepted it off a gloved finger at first I could only pick them up with mitted pot holders the thick kind they bite.
I now have a trap which I bought from e bay reasonably priced to try and capture the Mom cat game plan is catch her get the county shelter vet to spay her for $55.00 and then bring her back and release her so she can eat off my porch as usual. The kittens were later confined to my bathroom where they learned to drink water from a bowl and use the litter box and eat canned cat food from a plate, now they have the run of the house with the catbox in the front hallway, they purr when picked up and s arethey are completely socialized they do not know they were ever wild kittens, they don't want to be feral doors are closed off so they cannot go to the outside just yet, we don't want them in the street or near the dog.
The feral Mom has visited them a few times but her main interest is in stealing their food and getting them to follow her off to go wild with her so we have locked her out of our upstairs where these kittens are at.
Now we need homes for them or else we must get them altered and just keep them ourselves.
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Senior Contributor

It seems to me you are doing a great job with these babies and mom,hopefully you can catch her
She would have a much safer and healthier life if you are able to get her spayed,also no more feral kittens
Good Luck!!
If you can post some pics of the kittens and mom,please do,we love pics!
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:17 PM

So cute! If the man wasn't so allergic... I hope this kitties get great parents.
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM

I wish I was heartless enough to drive to ottawa and drop off all the strays in their cat sanctuary. If the politician become overloaded with strays maybe they'll decide to pass a ****ing law!
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Beautiful little babies:love:facing a very uncertain future because of morons.
I've lived a looong time,but I'll never understand people,who care nothing at all about these little lives.
If I were any of you,I would have a breakdown dealing with this all the time
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Quote:
We have them in all patterns and colours.
Do you have a very orange or orange and white shorthair?
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerRescueMTL
Do you have a very orange or orange and white shorthair?
Of course we do. We have all colours. Either you come and pick one up or I'll deliver !

You really want an orange one, not a cream one, right ?