Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Contributor

more boxers! -- Bindi and Sid

Bindi and Sid have been through *a lot* in their short lives. There were saved by an amazing woman who got them out of a puppymill on January 4th. In the puppymill they lived with at least 50 other dogs in a filthy, cold barn. They did not have enough food or water. Bindi is extremely emaciated and needs to gain about 20lbs. Sid is also underweight but not as severe as his friend, Bindi. Both have cuts, scrapes and scars on their bodies.

Despite their horrifying experiences, these two are real boxers - they are happy happy happy!!! They show no emotional signs that they were abused. They wag their tails and give kisses. They love everyone!! It is truly amazing how they have the ability to forgive and love again. They are also quite well behaved. They are crate trained, have been clean in the house so far, they know how to sit!! - this leads us to believe that they were not born in the mill and may have once had real homes. Sadly, noone knows for sure, how they ended up as puppymill dogs.

Bindi and Sid do not need to be adopted together, however it would be nice if possible. For Bindi, we would prefer a home that already owns another dog as she is used to canine companionship. Sid needs to learn his manners with other dogs nad can be quite rude with them, so a home with another dog is not necessary.

Bindi is a 1 1/2 - 2yr old female solid brindle boxer. She is currently 42 lbs and she needs to gain about 20lbs. She will be a big girl when at a proper weight. She is good with people and with other dogs. She bathes easily, travels nicely in the car. Bindi is very affectionate and would like a family that considers her as a family member. She listens very well and is a quick learner. She loves the outdoors and would be a fun hiking partner.

Sid is a 2yr old white male boxer with one blue eye! He is stunning and he knows it! He loves to romp in the backyard and he's very cheeky. He is very sweet, crate trained, bathes well, travels well. He is a typical goofy boxer, loves to play and jump around. Like many boxers, he doesn't seem to be good with cats - he likes to chase them too much! He is very friendly and wants to meet everyone he sees. He does need to learn some manners so a positive reinforcement training class would be great for him. Sid is especially bright - I have not met many boxers who learn as quick as he does. He would be great at doggie sports!

FROM THEIR FOSTER HOME : January 23rd - Bindi and Sid will be getting spayed and neutered on Thursday. This means that they will be ready to go to ther forever homes finally!

Sid continues to melt my heart - he is such a love bug. He is so smart - he's almost human!! He goes into his crate with a simple "Inside!" command. He loves to just lean against you and know you are there. He has a beautiful spirit.

Bindi is the biggest suck - she loves her people! She needs a little more confidance building as she feels she needs to get all your love and attention before it goes away! She will need to learn that her forever family is there for her no matter what, and that they are not going anywhere.

YOU CAN APPLY FOR THESE TWO SWEETHEARTS THROUGH BOXER RESCUE QUÉBEC : http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com

BINDI :
look at that little face!!

SID :
Look at those EYES!!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."

Last edited by meb999; February 11th, 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: blond moment
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I would take Bindi home in a second if Nic would let me

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Awww.... such cuties!!!!
I hope they find wonderful homes.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM

Yes, Bindi is my "wish" pet right now. I've had my eye on her a while. Just can't do it
I hope they find a home together, actually. They are so sweet.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Gorgeous dogs. I hope they both find the homes they deserve soon
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Meb did all 50 dogs get rescued? What gorgeous boxers, I wish I could adopt them both they both find wonderful homes
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM

Beautiful doggies!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
-

I sure hope they can be adopted together
Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Hi Frenchy! That would be nice but it's very unlikely so we don't want interested people holding out on adopting one of them so that they can get adopted together. As it may not happen
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM
-

Cute, cute doggies. Good luck to them both.
Old February 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM

I hope people are applying in droves...
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Lost

Hi,

My name is Judy. I'm the mother of 2 great kids a 12 year old girl and almost 3year old boy. We are finally ready for an other boxer. We moved back to Canada from the US last June. We had a beautiful female boxer named Shadow that we rescued a year prior to our moving. She was really under weight and didn't know anything other than how to be scared when we got her. We brought her back from nothing to being a wonderful, happy, protective member of the family. When we moved we wanted to get seatelled in before we went back for her. She was at my mother inlaws and somehow got loose and got hit by a truck. We were destroyed. Now we've kind of healed eventhough, my little boy still thinks she's coming home. I saw both boxers but Sid cought my little ones eye.

He said and I quote. "Mommy can we get him" and I said I didn't know yet and he said: "But Mommy I love him". That just melted my heart.

So here is our story. I don't know how this works or if he's even still up for adoption or where he lives at.

Can someone help me figure this site out and get the information I need.

Thank you

Judy
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Hi Judy, I am very sorry to hear about Shadow.

You can apply for Sid at http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com

Click on"Available Dogs" and then click on "Bindi and Sid". Sid and Bindi are actually on the West Island, not far from you. It would be great if you could consider both

Thanks!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
-

for both (no pressure here )
Old February 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry....I forgot to post the addy where you can apply for them....I'm so blond sometimes!! I'll go edit my post!

Old February 11th, 2007, 06:59 PM
-

Judy, so sorry to hear about Shadow. Good luck with adopting Sid but it would be awesome if you could take Bindi as well so they can be together.
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Senior Contributor

*bump* *bump*

Still looking....

Old February 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Go Bindi and Sid!! I hope somebody sees these two amazing buggers...
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
-

For both of them.
Old February 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM

What happened to Judy applying for Sid?

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
-

I was wondering the same thing. I hope we didn't scare her away by requesting that she consider taking both Sid and Bindi.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:06 AM

Meb, I think you have to re-bug your hubby-to-be about Bindi...
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:51 PM

Just filled out boxer rescue adoption form

I jsut filled out the forms now I will wait maybe one of the guys can be mine or two even.
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM

Good luck!
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen's zoo View Post
I jsut filled out the forms now I will wait maybe one of the guys can be mine or two even.
That is great to hear. Good luck and hopefully both Sid and Bindi can be together.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Bindi has a very good prospective family....but Sid is still looking!

He's a very sweet boy, his foster mom raves about how smart he is. The only issue : he's not great with dogs. He's not agressive, but rather a little pushy, but it's an issue that can easily be worked on.

Look at that sweet face!!

From his foster mom :
March 1st - We went to the park again last night. Sid met two other young male Goldens. He was still pretty obnoxious, but he is starting to slowly get the hang of it and is listening better when I tell him to relax. I was very fortunate that these two dogs were not only quite tolerant, but would just put Sid in his place nicely but firmly so he would just back down. They didn't panic when he was being pushy. So I think we're making progress here.

BTW, Sid would make a wonderful jogging partner! You know when you start to run with some dogs, they just go wild and cut you off or bite their leash and just don't know what to do with themselves... well Sid becomes very focused when you run and so he will run alongside you in a straight line and doesn't dart ahead or off in other directions!! I jogged home for a few blocks last night with both him and Kash and was quite impressed!!

For more info, or to apply for Sid, please visit : http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/sid.cfm

Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I hope someone special steps up for him.
If I didnt have 4 dogs, I'd be applying for him. But my hands are full right now.

Best of luck to you Sid.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
-

Awww....it's too bad they couldn't be adopted together. :sad: Good luck to Sid....I hope he finds a forever home soon.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM

Yey for Bindi!

Good luck to the jogger who swipes Sid up!
Old March 4th, 2007, 05:03 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb999 View Post
Bindi has a very good prospective family....but Sid is still looking!
Good luck to Bindi and then it will be Sid's turn to find his forever family