Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:44 PM

Struvite crystals + low phosphorous food

I have a cat who last week had a blocked bladder. This is the second time he's had to have a catheter inserted (this was the first time http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68212 ) so now I need to make sure it doesn't lead to a third time.

My vet said he should go on Royal Canin SO. Now problem is I have 6 other cats to feed which gets complicated as I don't want to be feeding them formulals that might make other health issues arrise later from low phosphorous diet with lots of grain.

I tried feeding them the SO but they were like WTF is this crap and barely touch it. They're normal food is Arcana Wild prerrie and they love it but after some research seems maybe not the best dry option.

The first time he had crystals I fed them all wet food (Evo, Welness, etc) but with 7 cats it got a bit expesnive after a couple of years. I was like $250+ in cat food per month lol

So I'm looking for some recomendation for no grain high protein, lowcarb wet that I can feed the crystal kitty while I save up for a meat grinder to make raw food for them all eventually.