Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Duke met his littermate today!!!

Hey guys,

I have some exciting news to share. Today while Duke was at puppy club which is a two person supervised offlesh play session for puppies I saw a dog that looked remarkably similar to him. I found his owner a young maybe 14 year old boy who also looked firmilar. I asked him what type of dog he had and where he got him and he said, don't you remember you sold him to us. Then it clicked he was one of Duke's littermates from a privately run petstore I used to work at and got Duke at before quitting after being thier for a year and a bit. The resemblence was remarkable and they almost looked identical, I really wish I had my camera on me. Duke was a bit more bulked out then his but it could of just been different growth spurts and depending on where about they were in order of being born.

I asked them how he was doing and they said very good but quite nippy still but they were their to do the puppy socilization class which Duke graduated from a few weeks ago so I wished them luck before they went in. Was pretty exciting to finally see one of his littermates as I was curious to see how they would turn out compared to him.

Duke did really good at the park today though and didn't growl or chase any of the other dogs in fact he wasn't really intrested in any of them besides somones teacup yorkie puppy which I wanted to pick up everytime I saw a dog running our way as it was sooooo little and I was so scared one of the larger puppys might accidently step on it.

Anyways just wanted to share I'm bringing my camera next week for sure to get pics.

Kayla
Old January 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Isn't it neat to see a littermate of your pet? I'm glad they're both doing good.