Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Closed Thread

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
Brecker, you're right. If there were children in this family, it would be up to the OP to decide whether or not the kids were safe while this doberman is rehabilitated with them.

But because they NEVER SAID they had kids, your comments are completley redundant and out of line. Period. A better way to go about it would have been to express your concern for the family, and ask the OP if they had kids instead of immediatley assuming these people don't have the right environment, or set-up for this dog.

Read more carefully what the OP says and try to relate to their situation, instead of your own.
That is great advice Bailey!
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Brecker, if someone posts for assistance in rehabilitating a dog, why would you ask "...wow, Is this really worth it? I'm surprised what people put up with sometimes...". By posting and looking and asking for help, the OP is expressing their value for this pet and for their intention to help it.
Clearly, the above comment is meant to inflame participants of a pet enthusiast’s forum more than help the OP.

Why don't you just move on to another article where you can participate in offering support or education? I do not agree with all the threads I read here, but I do not feel the need to be argumentative with such frequency.
If you must voice your opinion, there is a respectful way of disagreeing and offering additional suggestions which is far more constructive. Offering someone "Good luck " just smacks of insincerity and cynicism.

Why are we even discussing shrinks? As Marko so wisely posted, you do not need to react to everything you disagree with.
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:00 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomom View Post
Offering someone "Good luck " just smacks of insincerity and cynicism.
You are telling me that text can be interpreted a million ways are you?? How's this? GOOD LUCK

I really do hope the OP can help this dog. I'm more of a "human protector" in this thread now.

The OP knows to get the dog doctors involved at this point thanks to everyone here. It was never clearly stated who the dog was biting, but we do know it bit anyone who was near. We don't know how well this dog is contained either. Obviously its a real threat to the OP, family, and strangers at this point (this isn't a pug). I hope nothing serious happens - honestly.

Last edited by brecker; September 11th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

To the OP: I commend you for seeking help with this pup! She deserves a chance at being whole, and I thank you for giving her that opportunity. I hope things work out for everyone involved Almost everyone here has wonderful ideas about behaviourists, animal communicators, vets, etc. that things work out
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM
banned user

Amen!
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=brecker;824549]You are telling me that text can be interpreted a million ways are you?? How's this? GOOD LUCK

QUOTE]

Brecker - it is obvious that no one will appease you. No matter what anyone says or expresses it is apparent that you will find something either irrelevant or twisted to 'share'. It is equally noted that you have absolutely no knowledge about animal behaviour, training, either general or at depth. It takes you several 'tries' to finally post and yet I wait for something brilliant and I am totally let down by your 12 year old replies.

I wonder what type of satisfaction are you getting from rambling.

Just a question - why do you not have a message board or PM. I would absolutely love to fire off some messages in 'private'...for your eyes only.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:09 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

imkimssister, please don't let any of the off topic discussion deter you from trying to help this wonderful creater. I too applaud you for not only taking this pup in and recognizing that there is a problem, but for coming here and asking us for whatever help we can offer you.

Brecker, you called this animal a creater from hell as i recall. I along with others here have dealt with animals showing alot worse issues than this one. My Bishop was definately one of them. My situtation ended badly for him, but i would never and will never say that i WASTED MY TIME trying to help him. Since this thread is asking for help about a canine and not a human. Maybe one of your other 15 perfect forums could use your attention. Our less than perfect one is doing just fine here thanks.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:14 PM
banned user

[QUOTE=BenMax;824577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecker View Post
You are telling me that text can be interpreted a million ways are you?? How's this? GOOD LUCK

QUOTE]

Brecker - it is obvious that no one will appease you. No matter what anyone says or expresses it is apparent that you will find something either irrelevant or twisted to 'share'. It is equally noted that you have absolutely no knowledge about animal behaviour, training, either general or at depth.
How about the OP chime in and tell us that I didn't give a descent alternative to putting everyone through being bitten by a Doberman along with my other positives that go along with handing this dog off?
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Brecker you never did answer my question....What training or behavioral experience do you have?
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Brecker, I know you need validation, but after highjacking yet another thread, do you really expect the OP to give it to you? You've given your in someone else's thread...let it go.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:21 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Brecker you never did answer my question....What training or behavioral experience do you have?
Isn't this going off topic?
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=brecker;824597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post

How about the OP chime in and tell us that I didn't give a descent alternative to putting everyone through being bitten by a Doberman along with my other positives that go along with handing this dog off?
You have provided NOTHING constructive, absolutely nothing worthwhile. Why would you suggest handing the dog off in the first place? It is clear as water that this OP wants suggestions on how to HELP her dog and not just give up so quickly. Can you help this OP with good advice? Let's keep this on topic.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:25 PM
banned user

[QUOTE=BenMax;824605]
Quote:

You have provided NOTHING constructive, absolutely nothing worthwhile. Why would you suggest handing the dog off in the first place? It is clear as water that this OP wants suggestions on how to HELP her dog and not just give up so quickly. Can you help this OP with good advice? Let's keep this on topic.
I'll leave the "save the planet" to you guys and offer another valid alternative to the OP. Give the dog up! There's a difference between "my dog pee's on my bed" vs. "this dog bites everyone, and is insane to boot"
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
-

Quote:
Isn't this going off topic?
you're kidding right..Actually no it's not off topic in the least. The OP has come here asking for help in how to correct a behavioral problem with her dog. I personally would want people with experience giving me advice.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=brecker;824606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post

I'll leave the "save the planet" to you guys and offer another valid alternative to the OP. Give the dog up! There's a difference between "my dog pee's on my bed" vs. "this dog bites everyone, and is insane to boot"
Your so called 'alternative' may not be what the OP wants. The OP wants suggestions. You must be hard up for actually reading what is asked.

Personally, I don't really care what anyone says as to hitting my 'ignor' button. You are a parasite, a trouble maker and obviously you have a difficult time as a social being.

Save the planet - YOU BET! One by one, creature by creature, plant by plant. Us do-gooders are getting stronger by the minute.

It is apparent that some 'creature' is not worth that effort of saving. Please go back to that dark place hidden from civilization.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imkimssister View Post
took her to the vet, said she was crazy and wanted her put on prozac.
she lived in a cage.
I know one family had a baby and they were afraid that she was going to hurt it
shes a horrible BITER and JUMPS on everyone that comes close to her.
shes bipolar
break out into an aggressive FIT.
we've had her two months now and haven't gotten far with her.
she wants to drink out of the sink
eat out of a frying pan on the stove
she eats anything that is 'stuffed' such as stuffed animals and tears them into threats.
go to the middle of the room, sit on her behind and start growling
moving her head side to side

if someone is near by, she will run over and bite them
and as I said, if you're near by, you will get bit!!

My suggestion has merit. I'm here to help.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM

This thread has run it's course and will now be closed.

Your friendly neighbourhood mod,
Ford
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM

I received a PM from undo with the following information--

Quote:
Originally Posted by undo
I was going to suggest that the doberman's behaviour sounds very much like a Springer Rage Syndrome, sometimes also just called Rage Syndrome. Some consider it a form of epilepsy, others a canine form of schizophrenia. If that is the case, the dog needs medical attention and not a behaviourist or a trainer.
I am reluctant to re-open a trashed thread, as, quite frankly, I do not see it going back to being civil. Therefore, please PM undo if you have any questions.

Your friendly neighbourhood mod,
Ford
Closed Thread