Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Exclamation Chi-poo puppy won't walk on a leash & other issues

Hi, I have a very happy and healthy Chi-poo puppy. He is great except for a few issues with his behavior and training.

- He wont walk on the leash. When I put the harness and leash on him he freezes up and tries to go back to the house. I have been trying to teach him to walk with a collar and then a leash, but it is hard. What I have been doing is I put a piece of meat on the ground(lunch meat) and then I call his name. When He gets to the treat I praise him. But it is not getting very far. :/ I just might be a little inpatient.

- He is beginning to hump his big, soft, squeaky bone. He is only 10 weeks old and I WILL be getting him nuteured. But is this normal at such a young age? I am truely confused. Also, what age is it safe to get him nuteured?

- At some points he will growl at me and bark, as if his was more dominant. When he does this he licks his teeth like he is dominant. Is this dominant behavior? :P

If you could help that would be great. But if you can't then thats ok, somebody else will. So yes, post your thoughts and answers.

Tags
aggession, chi-poo, dogs, training, walking