Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old December 14th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Exclamation Fawn BoxerX? 18 month Male - Montreal

This little guy is sitting in holding at the vet's. He was found by two boys wandering in the park in Lasalle and the boys let the vet office know he was there. He is very timid and shakes when you pat him. He is afraid to eat and grabs quick bites then ducks away. He finally relaxed enough to give me two kisses. He is only 40lbs but should be about 50lbs as he's very thin. He is intact presently but will be vaccinated and neutered should he be able to find a home or rescue to take him in. There's a great dog waiting to reach his full potential with some love and kindness. He has many cuts and abrasions around his neck and legs which indicates he was chained up for most of his life. All of them should heal with time. Do you have room for him?
Attached Images

Old December 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Senior Contributor

boxer?

He looks alot like a young Dane, any idea how old he is?
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG!! He's SOOOOO gorgeous! *runs off to beg boyfriend for a new dog*

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.pettet
He looks alot like a young Dane, any idea how old he is?
18 months, it's in the title. Otherwise I would have said Great Dane myself too as when I first saw him I wondered that but the vet tech checked and said most likely 18 months.
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Senior Contributor

How is he with other dogs? I have a friend who told me she might like to foster over the holidays -- are looking for a foster home?

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

You will notice in the back of the photo a bichon... well, that bichon is not a very friendly fellow.. this poor guy went up to sniff him and the bichon almost tore his head off through the bars... he is definitely submissive with other dogs but a bit curious about cats... he was eyeballing all the cats that were meowing at me for attention. Having a foster for him will save his life most likely.
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:08 AM

Aww, I wish I was allowed... I'll ask again (but I'm not hopeful..)
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't understand why this dogs life is in jepordy? He's a healthy dog, just needs some TLC. Doesn't the vet have clients he can call who's looking for another dog?
Old December 15th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

We are so full that we are paying for boarding at the vet for 2 boxers. Sorry Jenn
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk
I don't understand why this dogs life is in jepordy? He's a healthy dog, just needs some TLC. Doesn't the vet have clients he can call who's looking for another dog?
This is an excellent vet. Please don't suggest otherwise. He has not had to put one adoptable dog down this past year. This dog is not able to just head into a home.. he needs quiet, comfort and some meals to get him back on track. He needs a gentle human touch to understand that he can eat without fear and greet you without harm. That's why I have been asked to help. They kept one dog for 15 weeks until he found a home. They look to rescue for additional help.. I don't think that's so wrong?

Thanks Crystal. I understand. Ruth can hold him up until Dec 27th then needs a spot for him for the 27th to 31st while she is out of town. So I have him sort of helped until that date. I just have to transport him back n forth during that time.
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Papa D

These kind of situations are very sad , thats why i don't read these threads that much.........wish i had room for all....but 3 cats and 2 dogs.......well you can see why i can't help........but i hope someone will...........this is what is going too happen in ontario very soon if not already with this bsl bull**** law.

in a perfect world , i would own my own island and take all the unwanted and abused . but in reality i live in ontario.
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I wish I could help too. Can you get a better pic of him? Is it possible he's a pit mix?

I can put him on my other site. It worked for the kitties!! I do understand he needs a quiet and experienced foster/home.
Old December 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Quote:
Thanks Crystal. I understand. Ruth can hold him up until Dec 27th then needs a spot for him for the 27th to 31st while she is out of town. So I have him sort of helped until that date. I just have to transport him back n forth during that time.
I may have an app or two that I can forward you for him. I will check now and email you if they are good.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old December 16th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Rescue
I wish I could help too. Can you get a better pic of him? Is it possible he's a pit mix?

I can put him on my other site. It worked for the kitties!! I do understand he needs a quiet and experienced foster/home.
I'll try tomorrow to get a better picture of him. That one I took on my phone so the quality is not great. As for the pit.. I'm not sure really... the vet's office said boxer cross... normally they say pit cross as they know I take regardless. He doesn't have a broad head and his nose is very long and his mouth is very narrow.. so not really any pit features.. it's mainly his height that made me think small pit in there somewhere however... he is very skinny so his growth could also have been rather stunted because of that too. I'll try to get more photos but in case he looks at all pit to anyone... I won't allow him to head out of province..
Crystal, what do you think of his look? honestly please.
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Senior Contributor

I think your vet is wonderful,it would be so easy just to have him PTS,but he chose to give him a chance at life,together with you rescuers.
With my untrained dog-eyes,I think he has a Great Danish head
Old December 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Quote:
Crystal, what do you think of his look? honestly please.
To be honest, I see Dane too. He has a very small un boxerish chest..and his nose seems to long to be 1/2 boxer. There could still be boxer in there but I don't think a full 1/2. I will wait for more photos though! You know how everything can change depending on an angle!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old December 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

hmmm, I think what I will do when I'm in is take a better look at his teeth. They would have to be off on his age for him to have Dane, which is what I originally thought he was. Oh dear, poor guys some sort of mutt but who knows what... Petfinder should have a mutt category, lol.
Old December 16th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

His muzzle looks way too long to be boxer...of course he could be a mix of more than two breeds!

It was his colour and that muscular hind leg that made me think pit mix!

Looking forward to more pics.
Old December 17th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Senior Contributor

BMDLUVER, I never suggested that your vet wasn't good. Since the dog was found in Lasalle, I am pretty sure I know what vet clinic he's at.

After your reading your comment about a foster home "Having a foster for him will save his life most likely" I thought the dog was on a short time limit, which I didn't understand why.

I also realize this dog can not go straight into someone's home, the poor thing needs some TLC.

I worked on a similar case this summer, where the poor dog was so neglected that the dog couldn't barely walk and when she did walk she walked as if she was drunk! The dog was terrified of men,extremely underweight, dislocated paw and under developed leg muscles. With time and understanding, she's a great dog.

After all the things this poor dog has gone through, I am glad there will be couple homes available to him
Old December 17th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Still looking for somewhere for him to foster. I'll be seeing him this morning so will try to get better photos. Hopefully he is a bit more confident now as well. Will update about him when I return later today.
Old December 17th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I pm'd you...the friend I thought might want to foster backed out (I'm thinking she told me she wanted to foster just to make conversation.... ) I'll keep my eyes open for this little guy . I'm looking forward to more pics

Old December 17th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Saw the little guy today. He's more like 1 years old. He's doing so much better. The vet's office will keep him there and find him a home as they had two other dogs come in that they need help with too. So he's safe but still looking for a place to call his own. Thanks to everyone who was helping him. It is greatly appreciated.
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Senior Contributor

What a love. If I lived near there he would be in his forever home right now ! I'm really trying to get hubby used to the idea of another dog by the spring.

Keep us posted. I sure hope he finds a loving home. He deserves it.
Old December 19th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Senior Contributor

He's just so cute I can barely stand it !!! I come see this thread everyday... I just wish I could take him home :sad:

Old December 19th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver
So I have him sort of helped until that date. I just have to transport him back n forth during that time.
Let me know if I can help with transport -- I'm on the south shore of Montreal. If I can help out in any way, pm me or ask Crystal for my e-mail.

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM

please send some more info

We are a family living in the West Island of Montreal and can not bear the thought of this guy all alone. Would you be so kind as to send on some more info for this adorable fellow.
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugar View Post
We are a family living in the West Island of Montreal and can not bear the thought of this guy all alone. Would you be so kind as to send on some more info for this adorable fellow.
Please check the dates of threads ! This one is from 2005.
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Lugar,

If you are looking for a boxer, you can contact the Montreal Boxer Rescue Group.

or contact the SPCA Monteregie www.spcamonteregie.com