Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:08 AM

Tripe & Kibble

I was feeding my dogs a home made raw diet. I found it really time consuming though and with my picky eater very wasteful. I was throwing away alot of good meat because she refused all of it. (It's different to just take away a bowl of kibble and not feed them than it is to take away raw meat with veggies and all mixed in...) Not to mention since one will be boarded for Christmas they won't feed him raw...

Anyways. I have about 8lbs of the bravo tripe left. I'm wondering would it be alright if say.. I give them half the amount of kibble for the day in the morning, and then some tripe at night? They love their tripe, even the picky girl, so I'd like to finish it up.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
Honest Contributor

you can absolutely feed both raw and kibble, better not at the same meal though (although some dogs can do well on ground raw meat + kibble at the same time). so yes one meal of kibble, and another meal of raw... your dogs might like this variety, who knows?

ps: i also have fussy raw eaters and have found that they can never refuse seared meats... i cut into smaller pieces (bone-in meats and poultry), and bake in my toaster oven for 3 or 4 minutes to get the outside warm, cooked,and the juices running - the bones are not cooked at all though, and most of the meat inside remains pink. both dogs plow through anything done up this way. maybe you could feed one meal kibble and the other meal this way, it's better than an all-dry diet and you will benefit from a clean-mouthed dog, better coats and condition, smaller poops, etc. good luck!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: