Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Holidog Inn?

Does anyone know of this rescue/shelter? I see ads for it in the local paper, and they seem to always have puppies/dogs of all breeds. Just wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with them, and if they are reputable. For example, this is what they now have for adotion:
HOLIDOG INN Rescue/Shelter Has the following for adoption: UP TO 20 LBS: Jack Russell - female, Shih-tzu - male, Poodle Cross - male, Cock-a-poo - female, Pug - male 21-40 LBS: Corgi - male, Sheltie mix - female, B. Collie/lab - male, Lhasa Apso cross - male 41-60 LBS: Black Lab/Terrier - female, Shepherd/Hound - male 61-80 LBS: German Wire Hair Pointer - male 81 and OVER: Great Pyrenees - male
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Smile

Did you ever find anythng out about this organization? I know they are located in Schomberg but I don't know anything else. They are currently advertising a 2.5 year old Bichon and I am looking for a companion for my 4 year old Bichon. If you have more info I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

hmmmmm, never heard of them before. Anyone else?
Old August 11th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Never heard of them, but they have this ad on a classified site on the net:

"HOLIDOG INN Rescue/Shelter Has the following for adoption: UP TO 20 LBS: Jack Russel - female (1-1/2yrs.) Bichon, female (2-1/2yrs.), Teri-poo, male (1yr.) 21-40 LBS: French Bulldog puppies (6wks.) Lhasa Apso cross-male (4yrs.) 41-60 LBS: Lab/Terrier, female (2-1/2yrs.), Lab/Greyhound - female (1yr.) 61-80LBS: Lab/Schnauzer - male (1-1/2yrs), Shep/Lab/ Bouvier Puppies, (12wks) Over 80L bs : Akbash, male (1-1/2yrs.) Please call anytime "

6 week old French Bulldogs? They must be getting snapped up.

Last edited by Lucky Rescue; August 11th, 2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

That phone number is listed to a personal individual not a business. Could we please remove it?
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I didn't even notice the number. It's listed on the net for anyone to call, but I removed it.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Thanks LR. Just think it might be a good idea to not have someone be able to contact this particuliar individual.
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:25 AM

No, i never did find anything on this "organization". I just thought i saw too many red flags, and decided against it. When i saw 6 week old french bulldogs posted in the pennysaver a few weeks ago (by hollidog inn - they've been 6 weeks for quite some time now) i just had this feeling that i was right about my gut instincts. I see too many purebred puppies in that "rescue/shelter" for my liking.
You could try calling them and finding out more about them. Good luck, and please keep us informed!
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Buyer Beware is all I would be permitted to say on this particuliar topic in an open forum.
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Re: Holli-dog rescue

Hi there,
I just want you to know that hollidog is great in our books. They genuinely love the animals they have and work with you to find your perfect pet. We got our poodle cross/mutt from them over 15 years ago. She was just under two when we brought her home and from that moment on she held us spellbound. She was without a doubt, absolutely the best dog anyone could ever have. We had to put her down 2 weeks ago when she became blind, deaf and incontinent. I haven't stopped crying yet. So, I say, that if you want to find your forever pet, call holli-dog and make arrangements to meet. Just remember, she lives on a farm and the dogs run free alot so they are often dirty whne you get them, but nothing that soap and water won't cure. Oh yea, our dog was in great health and turned out to be nothing more than a one vet trip a year kind of pet. Goodluck to you.
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
What to say, what to say

I'm just taking a guess here but maybe it's a "shelter" that uses a home phone number 'cause it costs too much?

Yes, I'm becoming suspicious about the number of purebreds. Stillsmiling, do you know why that place has a lot of purebreds?